Justice Rajesh Kumar Agrawal (60), the acting Chief Justice of Madras High Court appointed as the regular Chief Justice of Madras High Court on 21 October 2013. He was appointed by the President of India, Pranab Mukherjee.
The President of India also appointed seven of the eight names recommended by the Supreme Court collegium of judges headed by the Chief Justice of India P. Sathasivam as Judges of the Madras High Court.
The names of the seven Judges were R. Mahadevan, K. Kalyanasundaram, P.N. Prakash, S. Vaidyanathan, Pushpa Sathyanarayana , V. Ravi and G. Chockalingam.
About Justice Rajesh Kumar Agrawal
• He graduated in Law from Allahabad University
• He enrolled as Advocate on 14 August 1976
• He worked as Standing Counsel of the Income Tax Department of the Government of India
• He served in number of corporations and institutions as their Standing Counsel
• HE elevated as permanent Judge on 5 February 199
•He appointed as Acting Chief Justice of Madras High Court on 7 February 20123.
When: on 21 October 2013
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.