Lewis Hamilton on 29 May 2016 won the 2016 Monaco F1 Grand Prix. He emerged victorious in a close battle with Red Bull's Daniel Ricciardo.
The Formula One motor race was held at the Circuit de Monaco, a street circuit that runs through the Principality of Monaco. It was the sixth round of the 2016 season.
About Lewis Hamilton
• Lewis Hamilton is a British Formula One racing driver from England.
• He currently races for the Mercedes AMG Petronas team.
• He is the 2008, 2014 and 2015 Formula One World Champion.
• In his first season in Formula One, he set numerous records while finishing second in the 2007 Formula One Championship.
• He won the World Championship the following season, becoming the then-youngest Formula One world champion in history before Sebastian Vettel broke the record two years later.
• Following his second world title in 2014, he was named BBC Sports Personality of the Year.
• In 2015, he became the first British driver in history to win consecutive F1 titles.
• He is the only driver in the history of the sport to have won at least one race in each season he has competed to date.
About Monaco Grand Prix
• The Monaco Grand Prix is a Formula One motor race held each year on the Circuit de Monaco.
• It is run since 1929.
• It is widely considered to be one of the most important and prestigious automobile races in the world.
• The race is held on a narrow course laid out in the streets of Monaco, with many elevation changes and tight corners as well as a tunnel, making it one of the most demanding tracks in Formula One.
• It is the only Grand Prix that does not adhere to the FIA's mandated 305-kilometre minimum race distance.
• Nico Rosberg was the winner of the 2015 Monaco F1 Grand Prix.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
Who: Lewis Hamilton
When: 29 May 2016
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.