Mercedes’ Lewis Hamilton on 11 June 2017 won the Formula 1 Canadian Grand Prix 2017 held at the Circuit Gilles Villeneuve in Montreal, Quebec, Canada.
Hamilton was followed by Ferrari’s Sebastian Vettel. The third position was grabbed by Red Bull’s Daniel Ricciardo.
About Lewis Hamilton
• Born on 7 January 1985, Lewis Hamilton is a British Formula One racing driver.
• At present, he is racing for the Mercedes AMG Petronas team.
• He is a three-time Formula One World Champion.
• He won his first title with McLaren in 2008 before moving to Mercedes, where he won back-to-back titles in 2014 and 2015.
• His 56 Grand Prix victories is the second highest of all-time, behind only Michael Schumacher at 91.
About Canadian Grand Prix
• The Canadian Grand Prix is an annual auto race held in Canada since 1961.
• It has been part of the Formula One World Championship since 1967.
• It was first staged at Mosport Park in Bowmanville, Ontario as a sports car event.
• In 2005, the Canadian Grand Prix was the most watched Formula One GP in the world. The race was also the third most watched sporting event worldwide, behind the first place Super Bowl XXXIX and the UEFA Champions League Final.
Indian Navy commences largest-ever coastal defence exercise – ‘Sea Vigil’
PM Narendra Modi inaugurates Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose museum at Red Fort
Child born out of marriage between Muslim man & Hindu woman entitled to father's property: SC
Indu Shekhar Jha took oath as Member of Central Electricity Regulatory Commission