The Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) on 24 September 2015 appointed new Indian envoys to Pakistan, China, the United Kingdom (UK) and the United Nations (UN) in a major reshuffle.
These appointments are:
• Navtej Sarna: Secretary (West) in the Ministry, will be the new High Commissioner to the United Kingdom with effect from November 2015. He succeeded Ranjan Mathai.
• Gautam Bambawale: India's Ambassador to Bhutan will take over as High Commissioner to Pakistan. He succeeded TCA Raghavan, who will retire on 31 December 2015.
• Syed Akbaruddin: Additional Secretary in-charge of Indo-Africa Summit to be held in October 2015 will be the next Permanent Representative of India to the United Nations, New York. He will replace Asoke Mukerji.
• Vijay Gokhale: India's Ambassador to Germany will be the Ambasador to China. He succeeded Ashok Kantha.
• Anil Wadhwa: Secretary (East) will be the new Ambassador to Rome.
• Pankaj Saran: He will replace PS Raghavan as the Ambassador of Moscow.
• Harsh V Shringla: Indian Ambassador to Bangkok will now be serving as High Commissioner to Bangladesh.
• Sujan Chinoy: Indian Ambassador to Mexico will now be the Ambassador to Japan and replace Deepa Wadhwa.
While at the MEA headquarters, Amar Sinha and Amarendra Khatua will be the next Secretaries East and West respectively.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
When: 24 September 2015