The Market Research Division of Ministry of Tourism on 30 June 2016 released data on domestic and foreign tourist visits to States and Union Territories (UTs) for the year 2015.
The Ministry compiled the data received from Departments of Tourism of various State Governments and UT Administrations.
Domestic Tourist Visits to States and UTs during 2015:
• The number of Domestic Tourist Visits (DTVs) to the States and UTs was 1432 million. The number was 1282.8 million in 2014. Therefore, 2015 registered a growth of 11.63% over 2014.
• The State that topped the list of the top ten States in terms of number of domestic tourist visits is Tamil Nadu that garnered 333.5 million domestic visits. Uttar Pradesh secured the second place with 204.9 million visits, while Andhra Pradesh bagged the third position with 121.6 million visits.
• The contribution of top 10 States was about 83.62% to the total number of domestic tourist visits during 2015.
Foreign Tourist Visits to States and UTs during 2015:
• The number of Foreign Tourist Visits (FTVs) to the States and UTs in 2015 registered a growth of 4.4% over 2014. India garnered 23.3 million visits in 2015 as compared to 22.3 million in 2014.
• The State that topped the list of the top ten States in terms of number of FTVs during 2015 is Tamil Nadu with 4.68 million visits. Maharashtra and Uttar Pradesh secured second and third place with 4.41 million visits and 3.1 million visits respectively.
• The contribution of top 10 States was about 88.4% to the total number of FTVs in the country during 2015.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
When: 30 June 2016
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.