The Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) was signed between Central Public Works Department (CPWD) and IIM Tiruchirappalli (IIM Trichy) on 24 October 2013 at New Delhi. The MoU was signed for undertaking the Project Management Consultancy for the construction of its permanent campus. This includes planning, designing and construction of the campus.
The MoU was signed in the presence of V.K. Gupta, DG, CPWD and Dr. Prafulla Agnihotri, Director, IIM, Trichy. The permanent campus will come up in 68 hectares site which has been allotted by the Government of Tamil Nadu.
About the Permanent Campus
- The permanent campus will come up in 68 hectares site which has been allotted by the Government of Tamil Nadu.
- The campus which will accommodate 1500 students and 300 faculty and staff members would be fully self-sufficient for its residents and shall comprise of academic facilities, world class hostels for the students, residences for the faculty and staff, recreational facilities and a well-equipped Management Development Centre for the students and faculty.
- The master planning and designing of the campus has been entrusted to a firm of leading architects.
- The construction of this 450 crore Rupees (approximately) project will begin during March-April 2014 and is expected to be completed by March 2016.
- IIM Trichy aims to have a green campus and would be self-sufficient in terms of its water requirements in 5-7 years of its operations.
- IIM Tiruchirappalli (IIM Trichy) is the eleventh IIM which began its activities in 2011.