NITI Aayog launches ‘Move Hack’, global mobility hackathon
NITI Aayog has launched ‘Move Hack’, a global mobility hackathon to crowd source solutions aimed at the future of mobility in India. The hackathon, which is envisaged to be one of the largest globally, will be focused on ten themes.
NITI Aayog has launched ‘Move Hack’, a global mobility hackathon to crowd source solutions aimed at the future of mobility in India.
The hackathon, which is envisaged to be one of the largest globally, will be focused on ten themes. It will be structured over three legs - online, followed by a leg in Singapore and the finals in New Delhi.
Move Hack aims to bring about innovative, dynamic and scalable solutions to problems pertaining to mobility.
The hackathon will have two-pronged campaign approach:
1. Just Code It: The approach will be aimed at solutions through innovations in technology, product, software and data analysis.
2. Just Solve It: The approach will involve developing innovative business ideas or sustainable solutions to transform mobility infrastructure through technology.
• Move Hack will be open to individuals from all the nationalities. Registrations have been opened on the hackathon’s main website- movehack.gov.in.
• The top 30 teams from the online submissions will travel to Singapore for two days, September 1-2, 2018.
• The teams will be mentored by a curated group of top experts, who will advise the teams on a host of parameters including design improvement, business viability, technical solution and customer targeting and marketing.
• The top 20 teams from Singapore leg will participate in the final round, which will be held in New Delhi from September 5-6, 2018.
• The winners will be announced during the Move Summit 2018, which will be organised by NITI Aayog from September 7-8 in New Delhi.
• Top 10 winners will be recognised with total prize of more than Rs. 2 crores.
• The hackathon is being organised in partnership with Government of Singapore and is powered by Hacker Earth.
• PwC is the Knowledge Partner and NASSCOM is the Strategic Partner.
• The evaluations will be done by a jury comprising subject matter experts, venture capitalists, business leaders and successful entrepreneurs.
Move Hack is expected to unravel pioneering and ingenious solutions to pertinent mobility-related challenges and pave the way for developing integrated, interconnected and inventive global community.
It would be the first platform in the world that has entwined public transport, private transport, road safety, multimodal connectivity and new age transport technologies such as zero emission vehicles and intra city aerial transport in a hackathon platform spearheaded by a Government.