PM Modi inaugurates KMP Expressway, Ballabhgarh-Mujesar Metro rail link
Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the Kundli-Manesar section of the Kundli-Manesar-Palwal (KMP) western peripheral expressway.
3.2 km-long Ballabhgarh-Mujesar Metro rail link also inaugurated.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on November 19, 2018 inaugurated the Kundli-Manesar section of the Kundli-Manesar-Palwal (KMP) western peripheral expressway. Along with this, he also inaugurated the 3.2 km-long Ballabhgarh-Mujesar Metro rail link, which would facilitate travel for people of Delhi and Faridabad, and laid the foundation stone of the Shri Vishwakarma Skill University, which will come up at Dudhola in Palwal district.
Ballabhgarh becomes the fourth city in Haryana to get metro connectivity after Gurgaon, Faridabad and Bahadurgarh.
Earlier this year, Manesar to Palwal stretch of the KMP, whose entire length is 135.65 km, was opened for public.
Important facts about KMP Expressway
- KMP expressway will pass through five districts of Haryana: Gurugram, Sonipat, Mewat, Jhajjar and Palwal.
- A sum of Rs 6,400 crore has been spent on the expressway project and 3,846 acres of land was acquired at a cost of Rs 2,788 crore.
- The length of the stretch from Kundli to Manesar is over 83 km. This stretch would have 14 major or minor bridges, 56 underpass or agricultural vehicular underpasses, seven intersections and seven toll plazas.
- The expressway will decongest the road traffic from Delhi, especially reducing the number of trucks entering the national capital, thus helping in reducing pollution.
- Besides, the project will also provide a high-speed link between northern Haryana and southern districts and give an uninterrupted high-speed link for traffic, especially commercial traffic, from Haryana to neighbouring states.