The President of India Pranab Mukherjee on 14 September 2014 presented Indira Gandhi Rajbhasa awards on the occasion of National Hindi Divas at Rashtrapati Bhavan, New Delhi.
Indira Gandhi Rajbhasa awards also known as Indira Gandhi Official Language Awards are celebrated every year on 14 September.
Rashtriya Ispat Nigam Limited (RINL) CMD Madhusudan was one of the awardees who was honoured with the prestigious Indira Gandhi Rajbhasha Shield for the Best Hindi Implementation in the organisation.
Indira Gandhi Official Language Awards Scheme
Indira Gandhi Official Language Awards scheme was instituted by the Rajbhasha Vibhag or Department of Official Language under the Union Ministry of Home Affairs. The award recognizes the excellent contribution of Ministries, Departments and Nationalized Banks in promoting the Official Language Hindi.
Under the Indira Gandhi Official Language Awards scheme, following awards are given:
• Indira Gandhi Rajbhasha Shield for Ministries/Departments of the Government of India.
• The Indira Gandhi Rajbhasha Shield for Nationalized Banks and other Financial Institutions.
• The Indira Gandhi Rajbhasha Shield for Public Sector Undertakings of the Government of India.
• The Indira Gandhi Rajbhasha Cash Award for writing original books in Hindi by the Employees/Officers of the Central Government.
• The Indira Gandhi Rajbhasha Shield for Boards, Autonomous Bodies, Trusts, Societies etc.
• The Indira Gandhi Rajbhasha Shield for Town Official Language Implementation Committees.
Indira Gandhi Rajbhasa Awards were first held in 1988 for the year 1986-1987.
Who: President of India
Where: New Delhi
When: 14 September 2014
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.