The ‘Winners of Excellence’ under the state category of the eGovernance Awards for the year 2017 are Rajasthan and Telangana.
The awards, instituted by Computer Society of India’s (CSI) Special Interest Group in sponsorship with Nihilent Technologies, are aimed to recognise the efforts of eGovernance practitioners spread across state and central departments, projects as well as in district administrative units.
• The eGovernance Award of Recognition was given to Odisha and Nagaland.
• This year, the awards drew a greater response due to Centre’s heavy focus on promoting Digital India.
• Under the Project’s category, around 34 projects belonged to government departments and organisations from across the country. The projects were chosen for their innovative and inclusive eGovernance initiatives.
• Overall, there were over 180 nominations for projects.
About CSI -Nihilent e-Governance AWARDS
The awards were initiated in the year 2004 with three main objectives:
• To become an independent focal point for the assessment of e-Governance initiatives in the country
• To take charge in recording appreciation of the effort put in by government officials at different levels to implement e-Governance initiatives, going against all the odds.
• To provide a channel to those Indians who have mastered e-Governance techniques to share their knowledge with interested shareholders in the country as well as abroad.
Over the years, the awards have received thousands of nominations under its various categories, a large number from which have been reported as case studies that have shared their experiences globally through inclusion in the Annual Compendium released by CSI SIG e-Gov.
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.