Shri Govindaraja Textiles (SGT) on 22 September 2014 announced its plan to set up a spinning unit worth of 40 million US dollars in Eden, North Carolina. The unit will have 16 spinning machines with production capacity of 35 tonnes of yarn a day. The production will start by December 2014.
The three major reasons for decision to invest in the US were
• North Carolina was a cotton growing area and hence contamination free cotton is available locally.
• The cost of power is one third as compared to India and quality power supply is also assured 24*7.
• The cost of capital investment in creation of the unit is one-third of that in India.
Shri Govindaraja Textiles
• SGT is a Tamil Nadu-based textile company and is a part of the Jayavilas Group.
• SGT has 14 manufacturing units spread across two states in Southern India.
• The company has a capacity of 400000 spindles installed with latest modern machineries.
When: 22 September 2014
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.