Singer Hariharan was conferred with the Lata Mangeshkar Samman Alankaran in Indore on 20 May 2013. The Lata Mangeshkar Samman Alankaran is conferred by the Madhya Pradesh government on playback singer, Hariharan.
The award distribution was a part of three-day cultural event held in Indore.
About Lata Mangeshkar Samman Alankaran
• Madhya Pradesh government instituted the award in 1984.
• The first recipient of this award was music composer Naushad.
• The Lata Mangeshkar Samman Alankaran consists of 2 lakh Rupees as well as citation.
• It is instituted by Madhya Pradesh government.
• The award is conferred upon to the music composer and singer alternately. In 2012, the award was given away to Rajesh Roshan.
• This was the 28th Annual Lata Mangeshkar Award.
• Hariharan is the Padma Shri recipient as well. He sung various songs in different languages including Hindi, Telugu, Bhojpuri, Malayalam, Tamil, Kannada and Marathi.
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.