Sujoy Bose was on 27 June 2016 appointed as the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the National Investment and Infrastructure Fund (NIIF).
His appointment was made by the Union Government following his selection by the Selection Committee constituted under Department Of Economic Affairs Secretary Shaktikanta Das.
About Sujoy Bose
• Bose has extensive international experience in the infrastructure sector, including experience in raising funds from international investors.
• At present, Bose works as the Director and Global Co-Head of infrastructure and natural resources at the International Finance Corporation (IFC), a part of the World Bank group.
• He has been associated with the IFC for last 24 years.
• He holds an MBA from Rice University and a Bachelor of Commerce degree from St Xavier's College, Kolkata, India.
About National Investment and Infrastructure Fund (NIIF)
• NIIF is a quasi sovereign wealth fund announced in 2015 budget with a corpus of around 40000 crore rupees.
• NIIF was incorporated as a company under the Companies Act, 2013, duly authorized to act as investment manager.
• It was constituted with an aim to finance the requirements of India’s infrastructure sector, mainly through foreign investment.
• The government has already signed pacts with investors from Qatar, Abu Dhabi and Russia for the NIIF.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
Who: Sujoy Bose
When: 27 June 2016