Top Current Affairs Quiz: 11 October 2019
The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as 2019 Nobel Peace Prize, Virat Kohli records and historic informal summit between PM Modi and Chinese President Xi Jinping among others.
11 October 2019: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as 2019 Nobel Peace Prize, Virat Kohli records and historic informal summit between PM Modi and Chinese President Xi Jinping among others.
1. Who won the 2019 Nobel Peace Prize?
a) Abiy Ahmed Ali
b) Greta Thunberg
c) Jacinda Ardern
d) Isaias Afwerki
2. Who has become the first Indian captain to score 40 hundreds?
a) MS Dhoni
b) Rohit Sharma
c) Virat Kohli
d) Ravindra Jadeja
3. Which city is hosting the historic second informal summit between PM Modi and Chinese President Xi Jinping?
4. The Union Government has launched which scheme to assure no-cost health care facilities to pregnant women and newborns?
5. Government e-Marketplace (GeM) signed an MoU with which bank to offer funds transfer services to its registered users?
a) State Bank of India
b) Punjab National Bank
c) Union Bank of India
d) Central bank of India
6. Anita Pai has been appointed as the Chief Operating Officer of which bank?
b) Yes Bank
c) Axis Bank
d) ICICI Bank
7. Which Ministry launched the ‘mHariyali’ App recently to encourage Public engagement in planting trees?
a) Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change
b) Ministry of Housing & Urban Affairs
c) Ministry of Home Affairs
d) Ministry of Corporate Affairs
8. How many Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas were inaugurated recently by Union Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’?
9. When is the International Day of the Girl Child observed every year?
a) 10th October
b) 11th October
c) 12th October
d) 13th October
10. Which United Nations’ agency recently became the first to make transactions in cryptocurrency?
1. (a) Abiy Ahmed Ali
Ethiopian Prime Minister Abiy Ahmed Ali has been awarded the 2019 Nobel Peace prize for his efforts to secure a peace deal between Ethiopia and its neighbour Eritrea and put an end to the over 20-year-old border conflict.
2. (c) Virat Kohli
Virat Kohli created a new record on October 11, 2019 by becoming the first Indian captain to score 40 hundreds. He achieved the feat after he scored his 26th test century during India’s second test against South Africa in Pune.
3. (a) Mamallapuram
The historic second informal summit between PM Modi and Xi Jinping will take place at Mamallapuram in Tamil Nadu. Chinese President Xi Jinping arrived in Chennai, India on October 11 for a two-day visit.
4. (c) SUMAN
The Union Government has launched Surakshit Matritva Aashwasan or SUMAN scheme to provide quality healthcare facilities at no cost to pregnant women, new mothers and newborns.
5. (c) Union Bank of India
The Government e-Marketplace (GeM) signed a MoU with the Union Bank of India (UBI) to offer financial services to the registered users such as funds transfer, advice on Performance Bank Guarantees and Earnest Money Deposit (EMD).
6. (b) Yes Bank
Anita Pai has been appointed as the Chief Operating Officer (COO) of Yes Bank. Jasneet Bachal was appointed as the CMO of the bank.
7. (b) Ministry of Housing & Urban Affairs
Hardeep S Puri, Minister of State for Housing & Urban Affairs recently launched the ‘mHariyali’ mobile app to motivate people in planting trees. The mobile app offers automatic geo-tagging of plants.
8. (d) 5
Union Human Resource Development Minister, Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ on October 11, 2019 inaugurated 5 Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas (JNVs) and laid the foundation stone of 9 new JNVs.
9. (b) 11th October
The International Day of the Girl Child is observed every year on 11 October to highlight the challenges faced by girls globally and promote girls' empowerment and their human rights. The Theme of International Day of the Girl Child 2019 was Girl Force: Unscripted and Unstoppable.
10. (b) UNICEF
The United Nations International Children's Emergency Fund (UNICEF) became the first UN agency to carry out transactions in cryptocurrency through its newly-launched UNICEF Cryptocurrency Fund.
Also read: Top Current Affairs Quiz: 10 October 2019