22 February 2018: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover the topics like global Corruption Perception Index 2017, Light Transport Aircraft SARAS and Bagori Ganga Gram project among others.
1. Which union minister launched New Swajal Project in Uttarkashi district of Uttarakhand?
a) Uma Bharati
b) Maneka Gandhi
c) Radha Krishna Mohan
d) RK Singh
2. Which country recently announced to impose 'carbon tax’ from 2019 to cut its greenhouse gas emissions?
3. The Union Cabinet recently approved Silkyara Bend-Barkot Tunnel as part of ‘Chardham Mahamarg Pariyojana’ in which state?
b) Jammu & Kashmir
c) Himachal Pradesh
4. Which city hosted the 2018 Sanskriti Mahotsav ‘Swachhagrah – Bapu ko Kaaryaanjali”?
5. Union Cabinet recently opened the commercial coal mining for which sector?
a) Public Sector
b) Private Sector
c) Public Sector Undertaking
d) All of them
6. Which Light Transport Aircraft recently completed the second test-flight successfully?
7. India was ranked at which position on the global Corruption Perception Index 2017?
8. The ambitious Fiber Grid (T-Fiber) program has been launched by which state?
a) Uttar Pradesh
c) Madhya Pradesh
9. Scientists have discovered a new shark species in which ocean?
a) Pacific Ocean
b) Atlantic Ocean
c) Indian Ocean
d) Arctic Ocean
10. Leading dairy manufacturer, Ananda Dairy has announced an investment of Rs 500 crore in which state?
c) Madhya Pradesh
d) Uttar Pradesh
11. Which nation topped the global Corruption Perception Index 2017?
a) New Zealand
12. Which Indian state signed a MoU with Taiwan for better technology partnership?
a) Andhra Pradesh
b) Uttar Pradesh
Video: Check out the latest current affairs of this week
1. (a) Uma Bharati
Uma Bharati, the Union minister of Drinking Water and Sanitation, launched the Bagori Ganga Gram project, New Swajal Project at Bagori and Gangotri Iconic Place at Dunda village in Uttarkashi district of Uttarakhand on February 20, 2018.
2. (b) Singapore
The Singapore government will impose a ‘carbon tax’ from 2019 to cut its greenhouse gas emissions and make companies more competitive as global agreements on climate change take effect.
3. (c) Himachal Pradesh
The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) approved the construction of 4.531 km long 2-Lane Bi-Directional Silkyara Bend-Barkot Tunnel in Uttarakhand as part of ‘Chardham Mahamarg Pariyojana’. The project will be falling along NH-134 (old NH-94) in Uttarakhand and will be built under Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) Mode.
4. (d) Varanasi
The Sanskriti Mahotsav “Swachhagrah – Bapu ko Kaaryaanjali” was held at the Man Mandir Ghat and Assi Ghat in Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh on February 21, 2018 to celebrate the creative and cultural industries in Varanasi.
5. (b) Private Sector
The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) on February 20, 2018 approved the methodology for auction of coal mines/blocks for sale of the commodity. With this, the Government opened up the commercial coal mining for private sector– both domestic and foreign players.
6. (a) SARAS
India’s indigenous light transport aircraft SARAS was successfully test flown for a second time on February 21, 2018. The flight took off from HAL’s airport in Bengaluru for a text book flight. This was the second of the 20 test flights planned for SARAS PT1N, before freezing the production version.
7. (c) 81
India was placed at the 81st spot among 180 nations in the global Corruption Perception Index for 2017, which was recently released by Transparency International. The report in fact named India among the worst offenders in terms of graft and press freedom in the Asia Pacific region.
8. (d) Telangana
The Telangana government showcased its ambitious Fiber Grid (T-Fiber) program at the World Congress on Information Technology (WCIT) 2018. T-Fiber is the government’s initiative to establish the infrastructure to enable affordable, high-speed broadband connectivity and digital services in all the districts, villages and panchayats of the state.
9. (b) Atlantic Ocean
A team of scientists has identified a new shark species residing in the Atlantic Ocean. Using genetic testing, the study confirmed that the new species, named the ‘Atlantic sixgill shark’, is different than its counterparts in the Indian and Pacific Oceans.
10. (d) Uttar Pradesh
Leading dairy and dairy products manufacturer, Ananda Dairy announced an investment of Rs 500 crore in the state of Uttar Pradesh (UP), in the backdrop of the Uttar Pradesh Investor's Summit 2018.
11. (a) New Zealand
The Corruption Perception Index ranks 180 countries and territories on the basis of their perceived levels of public sector corruption. New Zealand was ranked first with a score of 89 followed by Denmark at the 2nd position with a score of 88.
12. (c) Telangana
The state government of Telangana on February 21, 2018 signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with the Taoyuan City of Taiwan for better technology partnership in the state, as a part of the closing ceremony of the World Congress on Information Technology (WCIT) 2018.