23 February 2018: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as joint military exercise ‘Garuda Shakti-2018’, first fully women operated railway station and 2nd Canada-India Business Forum among others.
1. Who became the first Indian woman to fly fighter aircraft solo?
a) Avani Chaturvedi
b) Bhawana Kanth
c) Mohana Singh
d) Geeta Singh
2. The annual joint military exercise ‘Garuda Shakti-2018’ started between India and which country?
a) Sri Lanka
3. Which state recently made vaccinations compulsory for school admissions?
4. Where was the 2nd Canada-India Business Forum held recently?
d) New Delhi
5. The BS-VI grade fuel will be introduced in Delhi from which date?
a) April 1, 2018
b) April 1, 2019
c) April 1, 2020
d) April 1, 2021
6. Who assumed the charge as Commandant of the Indian Naval Academy (INA) in Ezhimala, Kerala?
a) Vice Admiral Anil Singh
b) Vice Admiral RB Pandit
c) Vice Admiral Gajendra Chauhan
d) Vice Admiral SV Bhokare
Video: Check out the latest current affairs of this week
7. India signed a MoU with which nation to promote sustainable urban development?
8. Which state is going to double the size of its life sciences sector to $100 billion in 10 years?
9. Which nation’s court has begun considering the possibility of banning diesel cars entirely to lower air pollution?
d) Sri Lanka
10. Gopalganj, a district belonging to which state has set a record by constructing more than 10,000 toilets in only 100 hours?
a) Uttar Pradesh
11. India has signed an agreement for cooperation in sports with which nation?
12. Which city’s railway station has become the first fully women operated station?
Answers with Explanation
1. (a) Avani Chaturvedi
Flying officer Avani Chaturvedi from Madhya Pradesh scripted history by becoming the first Indian woman to fly a fighter aircraft solo. She flew a MiG-21 bison in her first solo sortie from IAF’s Jamnagar base in Gujarat on February 19. She is one of the three in the first batch of female pilots, besides Bhawana Kanth and Mohana Singh, who were inducted in Indian Air Force fighter squadron in 2016.
2. (b) Indonesia
The 6th edition of annual joint military exercise ‘Garuda Shakti-2018’ started between Indian and Indonesian Army in Bandung, Indonesia on February 19, 2018. This joint exercise between Indian and Indonesian Special Forces highlights the increasing trust and cooperation between the two armies.
3. (c) Kerala
The Kerala government has recently made vaccination compulsory for school admissions to Class 1 from the 2018-19 academic year. Parents will have to show details of immunization shots given to children during enrolment in school.
4. (d) New Delhi
Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau took part in the 2nd meeting of Canada-India Business Forum in New Delhi on February 22, 2018. Prime Minister of Canada Trudeau is on six-day official visit to India.
5. (a) April 1, 2018
The Union Government on February 21, 2018 informed the Supreme Court that it has advanced the availability of the BS-VI grade fuel by two years. Now, the BS-VI grade fuel will be available Delhi-NCR from April 1, 2018.
6. (b) Vice Admiral RB Pandit
Vice Admiral RB Pandit, AVSM assumed the charge of Commandant of Indian Naval Academy in Ezhimala, Kerala on February 19, 2018. He took the charge from Vice Admiral SV Bhokare, AVSM, YSM.
7. (b) Germany
India and Germany have signed an agreement for technical cooperation in the field sustainable urban development and the smart cities mission of India. It will seek to achieve the set target of promoting sustainable urban development under the national urban missions/programmes such as Smart Cities Mission, linking with the Sustainable Development Goal No. 11.
8. (c) Telangana
The state government of Telangana aims to double the valuation of life sciences ecosystem in the state to $100 billion in 10 years. The life sciences ecosystem in the state is currently valued at $50 billion with the presence of over 800 companies.
9. (a) Germany
A German court has begun considering whether authorities should ban diesel cars from cities to lower air pollution, a move that could have drastic consequences for the country's powerful auto industry.
10. (d) Bihar
Gopalganj district of Bihar has set a new record by constructing more than 10,000 toilets in only 100 hours. District Magistrate Rahul Kumar said, the target was fixed for constructing 10,000 toilets in 100 hours but not only the target was achieved but the district crossed the target by constructing 11244 toilets within the stipulated time frame.
11. (c) Canada
India and Canada signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) on sports in New Delhi on February 22, 2018.The MoU was signed by Union Minister of Youth Affairs and Sports Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore and Canadian Minister for Science and Sports Kirsty Duncan.
12. (a) Jaipur
The Gandhi Nagar railway station of Jaipur, Rajasthan became the country’s first major non-suburban railway station to be fully-managed by women. It is the second station in the country to be managed solely by women – the first being Matunga in Mumbai.