24 October 2018: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover the topics like removal of CBI Director Alok Verma, PM Modi wins 2018 Seoul Peace Prize and United Nations Day 2018 among others.
1. Name the Director of the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) who was removed from his post recently?
a) Alok Verma
b) Rakesh Asthana
c) Devender Kumar
d) Sathish Babu Sana
2. When the United Nations Day is celebrated every year?
a) 23rd October
b) 24th October
c) 25th October
d) 26th October
3. Who became the 14th recipient of the 2018 Seoul Peace Prize?
a) Donald Trump
b) Vladimir Putin
c) Narendra Modi
4. The 4th Edition of Global Partners’ Forum will be held in which city?
d) New Delhi
5. Which bank became the India’s first PSU bank to introduce comprehensive wealth business services for its clients?
6. Which country conducted its first trilateral meeting with India and Iran on Chabahar port on October 23?
7. India has signed a MoU for the setting up of joint working group on finance technology with which nation?
a) Sri Lanka
8. The Union Cabinet has approved the signing of an extradition treaty between India and which nation?
9. Which Ministry had requested the Union Home Ministry to revise the visa application process for foreign nationals travelling to India by requiring them to declare their criminal records, if any?
a) Ministry of Law and Justice
b) Ministry of External Affairs
c) Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
d) Ministry of Women and Child Development
10. Which country has opened the world’s longest sea crossing bridge and tunnel?
d) South Korea
1. (a) Alok Verma
In a dramatic midnight action, the Union Government on October 23, 2018 removed CBI Director Alok Verma from his post. Verma was appointed as CBI Director in 2016 for two years and his tenure ends in December 2018.
2. (b) 24th October
The United Nations (UN) Day is observed across the world on 24 October. The Day celebrates everything that the UN represents and has achieved since its establishment in 1945. UN Day 2018 marks the 73rd anniversary of the UN Charter.
3. (c) Narendra Modi
The Seoul Peace Prize Committee on October 24, 2018 conferred the 2018 Seoul Peace Prize on Prime Minister Narendra Modi for his contribution to world peace through his economic vision, ‘Modinomics’. With this, PM Modi became the 14th recipient of this coveted award.
4. (d) New Delhi
India will host the 4th Edition of Global Partners’ Forum in New Delhi on December 12-13, 2018. This unique forum aims to unite PMNCH’s 1,000+ partners around common strategies so that every woman, child and adolescent – no matter where they live – can survive, thrive and transform our world.
5. (a) SBI
The State Bank of India (SBI) became India’s first PSU bank to introduce comprehensive wealth business services for its clients. The wealth hub was inaugurated by SBI Chairman Rajnish Kumar at the Lalbagh branch in Mangalore.
6. (b) Afghanistan
The first trilateral meeting between India, Afghanistan and Iran of the Coordination Council of the Chabahar agreement took place on October 23, 2018 in Tehran. Detailed discussions were held between the three sides on full operationalisation of the trilateral agreement for international transit and transport through Chabahar Port.
7. (d) Singapore
The Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi has given its ex-post facto approval to the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) signed between India and Singapore in June, 2018 on the constitution of a Joint Working Group (JWG). The Joint Working Group has been constituted for cooperation in the area of finance technology between the two countries.
8. (c) Malawi
The Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi has approved the signing and ratification of the extradition treaty between India and Malawi. The treaty would provide a legal framework for seeking extradition of terrorists, economic offenders and other criminals from and to Malawi.
9. (d) Ministry of Women and Child Development
Foreigners applying for Indian visa will now have to declare their criminal records as a part of India’s new visa format. The decision to introduce such a provision was taken by the Union Home Ministry following a request from the Women and Child Development Ministry. The move aims to ensure placement of protective mechanisms to prevent travelling child sex offenders (TCSOs) from entering India and perpetrating sexual violence on children here.
10. (a) China
Chinese President Xi Jinping inaugurated China’s latest mega-infrastructure project, the world’s longest sea crossing bridge on October 23, 2018. The 34.2-mile bridge and tunnel that has been almost a decade in the making will for the first time connect the semi-autonomous cities of Hong Kong and Macau to the mainland Chinese city of Zhuhai by road.
Video: Check out the latest current affairs of this week