26 September 2018: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover the topics like constitutional validity of the Aadhaar, live streaming of court proceedings and Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna among others.
1. The Supreme Court on September 26, 2018 upheld most of the provisions of the Aadhaar Act by 4:1 Majority. Which judge ruled against the constitutional validity of the Aadhaar?
a) Justice DY Chandrachud
b) Justice AM Khanwilkar
c) Justice AK Sikri
d) Justice Ashok Bhushan
2. Recently, the Supreme Court upheld the validity of the Aadhaar Act. Which of the provisions was struck down by the apex court?
a) Aadhaar - PAN Linkage
b) Section 57
c) Section 139AA
d) All of the above
3. Which Ministry recently launched the web portal for MSME banking credit space?
a) Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises
b) Ministry of Home Affairs
c) Ministry of Finance
d) All of the above
4. Which Indian cricketer won the Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna 2018 award, the country's highest sporting honour?
a) MS Dhoni
b) Ajinkya Rahane
c) R Ashwin
d) Virat Kohli
5. Which European country will organise 'Gandhi March' on 2 October to celebrate 150th birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi?
b) South Africa
6. Who won the FIFA Player of the Year Award 2018?
a) Lionel Messi
b) Luka Modric
c) Cristiano Ronaldo
d) Mohamed Salah
7. The Deendayal Upadhyaya National monument was inaugurated near which city?
8. Which state government will launch the Universal Pension scheme in the state on October 2, 2018?
9. Which city will host the 2nd Global RE-INVEST from October 3-5, 2018?
c) New Delhi
10. The Haryana government has decided to institute an award after which Indian-origin astronaut?
a) Kalpana Chawla
b) Sunita Williams
c) Rakesh Sharma
d) Ravish Malhotra
11. Which nation’s Supreme Court allowed live streaming of court proceedings on September 26, 2018?
a) United States of America
12. Which state topped the ‘Ease of Living Index’ rankings launched by the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs?
c) Andhra Pradesh
1. (a) Justice DY Chandrachud
The five-judge Constitution Bench of the Supreme Court on September 26, 2018 upheld most of the provisions of the Aadhaar Act by 4:1 Majority. Of the five-judges, Chief Justice Dipak Misra, and Justices A.K. Sikri, A.M. Khanwilkar, Ashok Bhushan validated the provisions of the Aadhaar with few changes, while Justice D.Y. Chandrachud held that the entire Aadhar project is unconstitutional.
2. (b) Section 57
The five-judge Constitution Bench of the Supreme Court headed by CJI Dipak Misra upheld the constitutional validity of Aadhaar Act, 2016. The bench struck down the Section 57 of the Aadhaar Act that allows private entities to use Aadhaar for verification purpose.
3. (c) Ministry of Finance
The Union Minister of Finance and Corporate Affairs, Arun Jaitley on September 25, 2018 launched www.psbloansin59minutes.com web portal, a transformative initiative in Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME) credit space. The web portal will enable in principle approval for MSME loans up to Rs 1 crore within 59 minutes.
4. (d) Virat Kohli
President Ram Nath Kovind on September 25, 2018 conferred the National Sports Awards 2018 at the Rashtrapati Bhawan in New Delhi. Cricket captain Virat Kohli and world champion weightlifter Mirabai Chanu were conferred with Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna award 2018, India’s highest sporting honour.
5. (a) Netherlands
India will organise 'Gandhi March' from the iconic Peace Palace at the Hague to Grote Kerk to launch the two-year long celebrations of the 150th birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi. According to a statement issued by the Indian Embassy in Hague, the 'Gandhi March' will see participation of people of all nationalities and around 20 ambassadors of different countries.
6. (b) Luka Modric
Luka Modric was awarded as FIFA's Best Player of the Year 2018, ending Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi's decade-long domination on football's individual awards. The Real Madrid and Croatia midfielder Luka Modric starred for both club and country as Madrid won a third straight Champions League, and he inspired Croatia to reach the World Cup final for the first time.
7. (b) Jaipur
The BJP National President, Amit Shah inaugurated the Deendayal Upadhyaya National monument at Dhankya village near Jaipur, Rajasthan on September 26, 2018. The Union Information and Broadcasting Minister Rajyavardhan Rathore and Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje were also present on the occasion.
8. (d) Assam
The Assam government will launch the Universal Pension scheme in the state on October 2, 2018, on the occasion of the birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi. Under the scheme, the pension will be given to citizens who are above 60 years of age.
9. (c) New Delhi
The second Global RE-INVEST will be held in New Delhi from October 3-5, 2018. Addressing a press conference in the city, Power Minister R K Singh said Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate the meet. The event is expected to witness participation from 15 countries and it will have over 150 speakers including 55 international ones.
10. (a) Kalpana Chawla
The Haryana government on September 26, 2018 decided to institute Kalpana Chawla Haryana Solar Award, named after the India-born US astronaut, to encourage the participation of scientists in solar sector.
11. (b) India
The Supreme Court of India has allowed live streaming and video recording of court proceedings across the country. The top court stated that live streaming of court proceedings will bring accountability and transparency into the judicial system and serve the public interest.
12. (c) Andhra Pradesh
Andhra Pradesh has topped the charts among States in terms of “Ease of Living Index” rankings launched by the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA). It was followed by Odisha and Madhya Pradesh.
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.