Top Current Affairs Quiz: 30 May 2019
The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as World Cup 2019, Nine Dots Prize winner and new Healthcare Investment Policy-2019 among others.
30 May 2019: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as World Cup 2019, Nine Dots Prize winner and new Healthcare Investment Policy-2019 among others.
1. The opening match of world cup 2019 was held between England and which nation?
a) New Zealand
b) Sri Lanka
c) South Africa
2. The first world cup match for 2019 is being held in which stadium?
c) Trent Bridge
3. Writer Annie Zaidi has been named the 2019 winner of Nine Dots Prize. She belongs to which nation?
4. The United States has signed a defense agreement with which among the following gulf nations?
c) Saudi Arabia
5. Which legendary cricketer has made his debut as a commentator in the opening match of world cup 2019?
a) Rahul Dravid
b) Sachin Tendulkar
c) Ricky Ponting
d) Brian Lara
6. Which state government has unveiled its Healthcare Investment Policy-2019?
b) Jammu and Kashmir
7. Which nation celebrated its 12th Republic Day on May 29, 2019?
8. Which among the following states celebrated its statehood on May 30?
9. Which of the following state has been levied 1% calamity cess in India?
10. Which national political party has decided not to send its spokesperson in TV debates for a month?
1. (c) South Africa
The tournament opener of ICC World Cup 2019 was held between England and South Africa at Kennington Oval, London.
2. (d) Oval
The opening match of the ICC World Cup 2019 was held on May 30, 2019, between host country England and South Africa at the Kennington Oval, London.
3. (b) India
Indian writer Annie Zaidi has been named the 2019 winner of Nine Dots Prize. The 100,000 US dollars award is a prestigious book prize created to award innovative thinking that addresses contemporary issues around the world.
4. (b) UAE
A mutual defence cooperation agreement (DCA) between the United States and the United Arab Emirates has come into force, amid tensions between the US and Iran.
5. (b) Sachin Tendulkar
Legendary Indian cricketer Sachin Tendulkar has made his debut yet again, this time as a commentator in the World Cup tournament opener, England vs South Africa.
6. (b) Jammu and Kashmir
Jammu and Kashmir Government on May 29, 2019 unveiled Healthcare Investment Policy-2019. This follows the State Administrative Council decision taken in this regard on March 08, 2019.
7. (d) Nepal
Nepal celebrated its 12th Republic Day on May 29, 2019. A number of programmes were organised in different parts of the country to mark the occasion.
8. (c) Goa
The state of Goa celebrated its statehood on May 30, 2019. It was on this day in 1987 that Goa had become the 25th state of the Indian Union. Before this, Goa, along with Daman and Diu, was a union territory.
9. (c) Kerala
Kerala will levy a 1% cess on most goods and services in the state from 1 June to raise funds to rebuild the state from the devastation wreaked by last year’s floods.
10. (c) Congress
Opposition Congress Party today formally announced its spokespersons would go off air for a month, a move comes amid post-poll chaos in the Grand Old Party along side Rahul Gandhi's insistence on quitting.