UIDAI launches mAadhaar app for syncing Aadhaar data on mobile phone
Once you register in mAadhar app, your Aadhaar card profile including phone number, address and other details get stored on the app.
The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) on 19 July 2017 launched the mAadhaar app for syncing Aadhaar data on the mobile phone, a move that will negate the need to carry the Aadhaar card in wallets.
At present, the mAadhaar app is only available on Android phones and can be downloaded on the Google Play Store.
How does the mAadhaar app work?
• Once you register in mAadhar app, your Aadhaar card profile including phone number, address and other details get stored on the app.
• The app let users share their Aadhaar profile and data with third-party applications through NFC, QR codes, Barcodes or even through email.
• In order to share details, there is a sharing of QR code and eKYC data by Aadhaar Number holder system.
• Before downloading the Aadhaar app on Android phone, users need to make sure the mobile number on the smartphone is the same as the one linked to Aadhaar card.
• The mobile number should be the same as users will get an OTP on that number itself for verifying and setting up profiles on the Aadhaar mobile app. If that mobile number is not active, then verification will not work.
• In the app, there is a biometric locking and unlocking system. This feature allows users to secure biometric authentication by locking biometrics data.
• Another feature of this app is Time-based One-Time Password (TOTP) that will be automatically generated as a temporary password and can be used instead of the usual SMS based OTP.