The Union Cabinet, presided by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, on 25 May 2016 granted ex-post facto approval to the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) signed between the Ministry of Tourism, Government of India and the Ministry of Tourism, Government of Maldives.
The MoU was signed to strengthen cooperation in the field of tourism.
The MoU with Maldives will be instrumental in increasing arrival from this important source market. In recent years, Maldives has also emerged as an important tourism generating market for India.
Key objectives of the MoU:
• To expand bilateral cooperation in the tourism sector
• To exchange information and data related to tourism
• To encourage cooperation between tourism stakeholders, including hotels and tour operators
• To establish exchange programme for cooperation in Human Resources Development
• To invest in the Tourism and Hospitality sectors
• To exchange visits of Tour Operators/Media/Opinion Makers for promotion of two-way tourism
• To exchange experiences in the areas of promotion, marketing, destination development and management
• To participate in travel fairs/exhibitions in each other’s country
• To promote safe honourable and sustainable tourism
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
When: 25 May 2016