Veerappan, Chasing the Brigand: K Vijay Kumar
The Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh on 8 February 2017 released the book titled - Veerappan, Chasing the Brigand.
The book was written by K Vijay Kumar, Senior Security Adviser in the Union Ministry of Home Affairs.
The book is considered as an authoritative narrative as the author K Vijay Kumar spearheaded the Tamil Nadu Special Task Force (STF) that planned and executed the Veerappan’s encounter in 2004.
Highlights of Veerappan, Chasing the Brigand
• The book is a lucid and incisive account of the rise and fall of India’s most dreaded forest brigand.
• The book narrates various incidents that shaped Veerappan’s life - whether it is his birth in Gopinatham in 1952 or his death in 2004 in a shootout in Padi.
• It traces his dramatic rise from a small-time poacher and sandalwood smuggler to a brutal fugitive who held three states to ransom for two decades.
• The book describes ruthless killings and high-profile kidnappings masterminded by Veerappan in a fascinating detail.
About K Vijay Kumar
• He is a former 1975 batch IPS officer of the Tamil Nadu cadre.
• He headed the prestigious Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel National Police Academy (SVPNA) in Hyderabad in 2008.
• He also served as the Director General of Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF).
When: 8 February 2017
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.
PM Modi plans to connect with youth through his book to be published later this year
Indira Gandhi: A Life in Nature authored by Jairam Ramesh launched
Mitchell’s book, Who Has Seen the Wind, returned to library after 52 years with apology note
India might become an educationally failed nation: Ganesh Devy