Veteran journalist Piratla Venkateswarlu passed away on 8 December 2014 in Narayanaguda following a brief illness. He was 74.
Piratla was unwell due to diabetes-related nervous complications.
• Piratla began his career as a full-time Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) worker.
• He was the National Secretary of Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad (ABVP), the students’ wing of Bharatiya Janata Party.
• Later, he took up journalism by working for News Channel Jagruthi.
• He became the editor of Krishna Patrika Telugu daily in 1982 and ran the publication till 2012.
• He is also actively associated with small newspapers association of India.