Virat Kohli becomes first batsman to score 20,000 international runs in a decade
Virat Kohli has scored 20,502 runs across three formats out of which he has scored 20,018 runs in the ongoing decade.
Virat Kohli has become the first batsman to score 20,000 international runs in a decade during the match against West Indies on August 14, 2019. He has scored 20,502 runs across three formats out of which he has scored 20,018 runs in the ongoing decade. He achieved this feat on the way to his match-winning hundred against the West Indies in the third ODI match.
• Former Australian cricketer Ricky Ponting held the record for scoring most international runs in a decade with 18,962 to his credit in the 2000s.
• Former South Africa all-rounder Jacques Kallis is on the third position with 16,777 runs in the 2000s.
• Sri Lanka’s Mahela Jayawardene and Kumar Sangakkara are on fourth and fifth position with the score of 16,304 and 15,999 runs, respectively.
• India’s Sachin Tendulkar is 6th on the list with 15,962 runs in the 2000s while Rahul Dravid on the seventh position with 15853 runs.
Kohli’s hat-trick of centuries
• Virat Kohli scored his second consecutive ODI century in this ODI series but this is his third consecutive century in the West Indies.
• In the year 2017, Virat Kohli also scored an unbeaten 111 runs in the Kingston ODI. At that time he scored two centuries in two consecutive ODIs in Trinidad.
• In the second match at Trinidad, Virat Kohli scored 120 runs off 125 balls. Virat Kohli smashed 114 runs off 99 balls in the third and final match.
Fastest 10,000 Runs
Virat Kohli also scored the fastest 10,000 runs in international cricket as a captain. Virat Kohli achieved this feat in 176 innings. Earlier this record Ricky Ponting was holding this record that had done it in 225 innings.