Weekly Current Affairs Quiz: 25 November to 1 December 2019
The week's updated quizzes cover topics like World Migration Report, India's GDP, Transgender Bill 2019 and IFFI awards 2019.
25 November to 1 December 2019: Jagran Josh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise at ease with Current Affairs Quizzes section. The week's updated quizzes cover topics like World Migration Report, India's GDP, Transgender Bill 2019 and IFFI awards 2019.
1. Which country has the largest number of migrants living abroad, as per World Migration Report 2020?
2. According to latest government notification, the GDP of second quarter shows how much growth rate?
a) 5 percent
b) 3.5 percent
c) 4.5 percent
d) 5.7 percent
3. The Parliament passed Transgender Persons (Protection of Rights) Bill. Which among the following provisions of the bill was seen as contentious?
a) Right to movement
b) Opportunity to hold public office
c) Getting a certificate of identity from District Magistrate
d) Right to rent, live or otherwise occupy property
4. When is National Constitution Day observed every year?
a) 22 November
b) 24 November
c) 25 November
d) 26 November
5. The Bill regarding the merger of two Union Territories was introduced in Lok Sabha on 26 November. The Bill calls for merger of which two UTs?
a) Ladakh & Jammu & Kashmir
b) Dadra and Nagar Haveli & Daman and Diu
c) Lakshadweep & Andaman and Nicobar Islands
d) Delhi & Chandigarh
6. When will the term of the 15th Finance Commission end?
a) October 30, 2020
b) March 31, 2020
c) July 31, 2021
d) April 30, 2020
7. Which country was recently elected to the World Heritage Committee of UNESCO for first time?
b) Saudi Arabia
8. Which film won the Golden Peacock Award at IFFI 2019?
9. PM Narendra Modi recently pledged $400 million line of credit to which nation to strengthen its economy?
c) Sri Lanka
10. Who among the following has been awarded the International Children's Peace Prize for the year 2019?
a) Greta Thunberg
b) Julia Brassels
c) Jenifer Loy
d) Rebeca Johnson
1. (d) India
India is largest country of origin of international migrants, with 17.5 million living abroad, followed by Mexico (11.8 million) and China (10.7 million).
2. (c) 4.5 percent
The latest notification by the Government of India revealed that the Gross Domestic Product (GDP) for quarter 2 shows a growth rate of 4.5 percent.
3. (c) Getting a certificate of identity from District Magistrate
The transgender bill 2019 was passed by the Lok Sabha on August 5, 2019. The transgender community has been protesting for the bill to be sent to a select committee as it fails to address the fundamental right of a transgender to determine his or her identity but rather it confers power to the District Magistrate to grant certificate of identity to Transgender applicants.
4. (d) 26 November
National Constitution Day is celebrated on 26 November every year in India. On this day, the efforts of Dr. Bhimrao Ambedkar, are remembered on this day. The Indian constitution was adopted on 26 November 1949 by the Constituent Assembly of India.
5. (b) Dadra and Nagar Haveli & Daman and Diu
Union Minister G. Kishan Reddy on November 26, 2019 introduced the Bill regarding the merger of Union territories of Dadra and Nagar Haveli and Daman and Diu in Lok Sabha. The Bill is named as “Dadra and Nagar Haveli and Daman and Diu (Merger of Union Territories) Bill, 2019”.
6. (a) October 30, 2020
The term of the 15th Finance Commission has been extended till October 30, 2020. The Finance Commission will be submitting its interim report by November 30, 2019.
7. (b) Saudi Arabia
Saudi Arabia was recently elected to the World Heritage Committee of the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) for the first time. The development came after the Kingdome won the membership of UNESCO Executive Board.
8. (a) Particles
A French-Swiss film directed by Blaise Harrison, ‘Particles’ won the Golden Peacock Award at the 50th International Film Festival of India (IFFI) in Goa. The award carried a trophy, citation and a cash prize worth Rs 40 lakh.
9. (c) Sri Lanka
India has announced a $400 million line of credit to Sri Lanka to help the nation in strengthening its economy. PM Modi made the announcement while delivering a joint statement with visiting Sri Lankan President, Gotabaya Rajapaksa on November 29, 2019.
10. (a) Greta Thunberg
Swedish citizen Greta Thunberg was recently honoured with the International Children's Peace Prize. She launched a global campaign called 'School Strike' for which she was given this award.