29 January - 4 February 2018: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise at ease. The week's updated quizzes cover the topics like Union Budget 2018, long-lost NASA satellite and Economic Survey 2017-18 among others.
1. The Union government in its budget 2018 has proposed to launch a restructured mission with an outlay of Rs 1290 crore to promote which sector?
c) Traditional Craft
d) Rural Development
2. Which scheme will be launched this year as per Budget 2018 to improve the Health Sector of the country?
a) Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana
b) National Health Policy 2018
c) Ayushman Bharat
d) National Health Protection Scheme
3. How much fund has the Union Government allocated for its new ‘Operation Green’ mission ?
a) 1000 crore
b) 680 crore
c) 500 crore
d) 1300 crore
4. As per Budget 2018, which three firms will be merged and then listed?
a) UTI, Oriental Insurance and National Insurance
b) LIC, Bharti AXA and United Insurance
c) General Insurance, Max Bupa and UTI
d) None of the above
5. The Indian Railways is planning to re-develop how many major railway stations in 2018?
6. What was India’s rank in the 2017 EIU Global Democracy Index?
7. Name the long-lost NASA satellite that was discovered recently by an amateur astronomer.
a) IMAGE satellite
b) JUNO satellite
c) TERRA satellite
d) POLAR satellite
8. Which nation has lifted its ban on refugees from 11 nations, which it had termed as high-risk countries earlier?
9. Which among the following statements is not true as per Economic Survey 2017-18?
a) There has been a large decrease in registered indirect and direct taxpayers
b) State’s prosperity is correlated with their international and inter-state trade.
c) Indian society exhibits strong son ‘Meta’ Preference
d) To re-ignite growth, raising investment is more important than raising saving
10. What is the salary of President as per Union Budget 2018?
a) Rs 5 lakh
b) Rs 4 lakh
c) Rs 3 lakh
d) Rs 2 lakh
1. (b) Bamboo
The Union Government in its Budget 2018 has proposed to launch a restructured bamboo mission with a fund of Rs 1290 crore to promote bamboo sector in a holistic manner.
2. (d) National Health Protection Scheme
National Health Protection Scheme will be launched to cover 10 crore poor and vulnerable families. Under this, up to Rs 5 lakh will be provided to each family per year in secondary and tertiary care institutions. This scheme will have 50 crore beneficiaries.
3. (c) Rs 500 crore
The Union government plans to launch ‘Operation Green’ with a corpus of Rs 500 crore. It will promote Farmer Producers Organizations (FPOs), agri-logistics, processing facilities and professional management.
4. (a) UTI, Oriental Insurance and National Insurance
As per Union Budget 2018, the Union government will recapitalise public sector banks to help them lend an additional Rs 5 lakh crore. Unit Trust of India, Oriental Insurance and National Insurance will be merged and then listed.
5. (d) 600
The Indian Railways is planning to re- develop 600 major railway stations. All stations with more than 25000 footfall will have escalators. All the stations will also be equipped with high-speed wifi.
6. (a) 42nd
India was ranked 42nd out of 165 countries at the Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU)’s annual Global Democracy Index due to rise of conservative religious ideologies and increase in vigilantism and violence against minorities as well as other dissenting voices.
7. (a) IMAGE satellite
An amateur astronomer on January 20, 2018 recorded observations of a satellite in high Earth orbit. This satellite was a long-lost NASA satellite- Imager for Magnetopause-to-Aurora Global Exploration (IMAGE) satellite.
8. (b) US
The United States has announced that it is lifting its ban on refugees from 11, which it had earlier termed high-risk countries. Though the 11 countries have not been identified officially, reports state that they include North Korea and Muslim-majority nations such as Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Mali, North Korea, Syria and Yemen.
9. (a) There has been a large decrease in registered indirect and direct taxpayers
The new Economic survey of 2017-18 reveals that there has been a 50 per cent increase in unique taxpayers under the GST in comparison with the pre-GST system and also a boost in exports of ready-made garments. It states that there has been a large increase in registered indirect and direct taxpayers.
10. (a) Rs 5 lakh
Emoluments will revised for the President to Rs 5 lakh, Rs 4 lakh for Vice-President and Rs 3.5 lakh per month for Governors. Emoluments to MPs will be refixed with effect from April 1, 2018.