WhatsApp introduced One-press Voice Texting
Instant messaging service WhatsApp introduced a new feature which enables sending of voice texts by just pressing one button
Instant messaging service WhatsApp introduced a new feature which enables sending of voice texts by just pressing one button. The company hit the 300 million monthly active users mark. They garnered a whopping 50 million new active users in just 2 months. With this new feature, the user can record and send voice clips with one press of the mic icon.
WhatsApp users now send 11 billion messages and receive 20 billion messages per day - up from 27 billion total in June 2013. WhatsApp has started rolling out voice messaging for all of its apps, on iPhone, BlackBerry, Android, Windows Phone and Nokia.
The functionality of the Feature
• The user just presses the record button to record his message.
• If the user decides not to send the message then he just needs to swipe to the left to delete the recording.
• There is no time length limit while recording a message therefore users can get as creative as they want.
• One more interesting feature is that the playback of a voice text will automatically switch from handset's speakers to its earpiece when the device is held to your ear.
• The mic icon turns blue when recipients have listened to the message.
• Facebook and WeChat already have the voice texting feature but what's interesting about Whatsapp is its one press voice text feature.