YES Bank, India's fifth largest private sector bank, on 23 February 2016 received the prestigious Green Bond Pioneer Award for being the Pioneers in Emerging Markets-India in an award ceremony at London Stock Exchange (LSE), London.
YES Bank was recognised for its pioneering efforts in the Green Bonds market, including the highly successful issuance of India's first ever Green Infrastructure Bonds.
YES Bank is the only Indian bank to be recognized in these first ever Green Bond Awards. Winners in other categories include World Bank, Bank of America Merrill Lynch, Peoples Bank of China (PBoC) and Ile De France amongst others.
About YES Bank
• YES Bank is India's fifth largest private sector bank.
• It is the only bank in the last two decades which was awarded Greenfield Bank licence by the RBI.
• YES Bank is a full service commercial bank and has steadily built a corporate, retail & SME banking franchise, financial markets, investment banking, corporate finance, branch banking, business and transaction banking, and wealth management business lines across the country.
About Green Bond Pioneer Awards
• The Green Bond Pioneer Awards are organized by Climate Bonds Initiative (CBI), an international investor-focused not-for-profit which focuses on mobilizing the 100 trillion US dollar bond market for climate change solutions.
• CBI has launched the Awards at its inaugural Conference on Global Leadership in the Green Bonds Sector to increase awareness on green bonds in the global investor and corporate community, and also to acknowledge global leadership in the sector.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.