Yoga guru TKV Desikachar passes away
He was known for transforming the way yoga was practised and turned it into both a wellness concept and a therapy.
Renowned Yoga Guru TKV Desikachar passed away on 8 August 2016 following a brief illness in Chennai. He was 78. He was known for transforming the way yoga was practised and turned it into both a wellness concept and a therapy.
About TKV Desikachar
• Desikachar is son of T Krishnamacharya, popularly acknowledged as the father of modern yoga.
• He dabbled with engineering before he learnt yoga from his father.
• He helped others with tailor-made yoga programmes which he called Viniyoga.
• He also taught Yoga to famous philosopher J Krishnamurti in January 1966.
• In 1976, he founded the Krishnamacharya Yoga Mandiram where today about 1000 students visit every month to learn yoga.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App