Chhattisgarh: Basic Tasar Silkworm Seed Organisation
Basic Tasar Silkworm Seed Organisation was recognized by the Central Silk Board in 1998 - 99 with the purpose to reinforce the tasar silk worm seed division by reviving 3 - tier seed multiplication method on methodical lines. The supply and production of Nucleus and Basic tasar silk worm seed by espousing quality parameters, instructing training to farmers, disease monitoring and broadening technical aid to state governments in matters interrelated to tasar seed production are the chief functions of Basic Tasar Silkworm Seed Organisation.
The headquarters of Basic Tasar Silkworm Seed Organisation is in Bilaspur, Chhattisgarh and there are twenty - three nested units viz. I number CTSSS at Kargi - Kota (Chattisgarh) & 22 numbers of Basic Seed Multiplication & Training Centres located in 9 tasar producing states.
Basic Tasar Silkworm Seed Organisation is located at Bilaspur, Chhattisgarh. The subsidiary units, Central Tasar Silkworm Seed Station, Kota and 22 numbers of Basic Seed Multiplication & Training Centres located in 9 tasar producing states are operating under technical and administrative control of this organization.
- Systematize 3 - tier multiplication of seed as per the accepted norms and synchronize and scrutinize basic seed production in harmony with the excellence parameters, its sufficiency and timely supply
- Arrange action plan for basic tasar seed production and supply
- Systematize teaching programme for Adopted Seed Rearers as per the necessity of the states
- Broaden obligatory technical services for quality production through lending technical skill to the Tasar Seed Multiplication Centres
- Monitor and Control the actions and recommend development measures from time to time.
- Synchronize with CTR&TI in replacement of breeders stash for the fabrication of nucleus seed at CTSSS at regular period
- Integrated vertical extension through innovative technologies and materials for advanced productivity and production