Chhattisgarh: Council of Science and Technology
Chhattisgarh Council of Science & Technology was recognized in January 2001 under the tutelage of Department of Science & Technology under Chhattisgarh Government. It is an independent body, which has been listed under the M.P. Societies Registration Act, 1973.The all-purpose Body of the Council is presided over by the Chief Minister of State.
The authority of the science rests in uplifting the browbeaten lot of the people they being at the final tread of the society. If Science & technology reaches the grassroots level, it shall forever incline to reinforce the summit of the society.
- To recognize areas in which Science & Technology can be utilized for attaining the socio - economic expansion of the State, and especially, for embarking upon the problems of backwardness, poverty and unemployment in rural areas and under - privileged sections of society, such as SC, ST, Artisans, Landless Labour, Small & Marginal Women and Farmers.
- To initiate, promote, co-ordinate and support such development and research projects & programmes as are probable to be applicable to the accomplishment of explicit objectives and problems and assist in the prolific exploitation of natural resources through different organizations and institutions of the State.
- To assist or establish for the institution of infrastructure obligatory for Science & Technology developmental efforts.
- To counsel Government on measures and policies obligatory to endorse utilization of Science & Technology for the attainment of the said socio - economic development.
- To administer and set up documentation centre as well as laboratories.
- To assist or prepare in the preparation of Science & Technology plans & devise research & development programmes, support such programmes if accredited from other institutions.
- To persuade the Popularization of Science and the stretch of scientific temper and attitude amongst the people and to propagate scientific acquaintance by means of journals, pamphlets, films etc. and to organize conferences and seminars to endorse Science & Technology.
- To complement the activities of State Government in the field of Science & Technology.
- To interrelate with other State Councils & national Science & Technology bodies with alike or related objectives.
- To introduce awards and prizes for commendable research & development work in Science & Technology.
- Normally to take all such events with the sanction of the Council as are probable to speed up the progression of modernization in Chhattisgarh by the use of Science & Technology.