Chhattisgarh: Department of Home Guard and Civil Defence
Chhattisgarh’s Department of Home Guard and Civil Defence comes under the Home (Police) Department, Government of Chhattisgarh. It is a Volunteer force which is commissioned as a supplement to the State Police in upholding law and order, internal Security and traffic control.
- To dole out as an Auxiliary to the state Police in keeping up Law and Order, V.I.P Security, Election duty and Traffic control
- To help the society in any kind of Natural or manmade disaster like Fire, Flood, Train accidents, earthquake and collapse building
- To work as Emergency Volunteer Force, in terms of Defence requirements of the country
- To preserve the functionality of necessary services like Motor transport, Postal service, Fire brigade, Water installations, Power supply, First Aid to casualties, Communication system, etc
- We serve the society through community service force like hygiene awareness, cleaning of ponds, Plantation, demonstrating safety plans, engaging in other welfare procedures and educating elders
State Fire Services are being elevated with Home Guard at helm.
Civil Defence and Disaster Management
Chhattisgarh’s Department of Home Guard and Civil Defence register Civil Defence Volunteers from the Local Community.