Chhattisgarh was formed as per Madhya Pradesh Reorganization Act, 2000. Indian President gave his assent to this Act on August 25, 2000. Indian Government consequently set November 1, 2000 as the day on which Madhya Pradesh would be divided into Madhya Pradesh and Chhattisgarh.
Chhattisgarh State Electricity Board has been restructured into five companies by the Government of Chhattisgarh as per the released notification dated 19.12.2008 compliant with the provisions enclosed in the Electricity Act, 2003.
1. The Chhattisgarh State Power Holding Company Limited
2. The Chhattisgarh State Power Generation Company Limited
3. The Chhattisgarh State Power Transmission Company Limited
4. The Chhattisgarh State Power Distribution Company Limited
5. The Chhattisgarh State Power Trading Company Limited
Consequently Chhattisgarh State Power Distribution Company Ltd came in subsistence w.e.f. 01.01.2009. Chhattisgarh State Power Distribution Company has been scheduled by the ‘Registrar of Companies”.
In the erstwhile Chhattisgarh State Electricity Board, IT initiatives were started in the course of the Office of Energy Info Tech Center in 2001. Erstwhile Chhattisgarh State Electricity Board now Chhattisgarh Power Companies is the 1st power service in India to apply SAP - ERP in 2006. The company has recognized a state of art central Data Center at its headquarters at Raipur. Material Management, ISU-CCS Billing, Human Resource and Document Management System of SAP - ERP have been put into practice and are entirely serviceable.
To institute Chhattisgarh State Power Distribution Company Ltd as one of the best power allocation company in India by:
• Implementing best business practices
• Putting into practice new technology in business
• Plummeting distribution losses
• Presenting consistent and eminent power to the consumers at reasonable rates
• Presenting power supply to consumers 24 Hours and 365 days
• Consumer contentment through service distinction
• Policies that sustain quicker economic expansion of Chhattisgarh