This set has 10 tough questions of Indian polity which are a bit very useful for those aspirants who are preparing for the competitive exams like IAS/PCS/SSC etc.
1. Dyarchy was introduced by:
(a) Indian council act of 1909.
(b) Government of India Act, 1919
(c) Government of India Act, 1935
(d) Independence Act ,1947
2. Which of the following is not feature of government of India Act, 1935?
(a) Dyarchy at the centre
(b) All india federation
(c) Provincial autonomy
(d) Dyarchy in the provinces
3. Who said that “Indian constitution established unitary state with subsidiary federal features rather than federal state with subsidiary unitary features”.
(a) K.C. Wheare
(b) B.R Ambedkar
(c) Ivor Jennings
(d) Granville Austin
4. The governor general of Bengal became the governor general of India by:
(a) Charter Act of 1833
(b) Pitts India Act of 1784
(c) Indian council Act of 1861
(d) Government of India Act, 1858
5. The words‘ socialist and secular were added to the preamble by:
(a) 41st amendment
(b) 44th amendment
(c) 42nd amendment
(d) 46th amendment
6. New all India services can be created by the …….
(a) An act of the parliament
(b) A resolution by the Rajya Sabha
(c) An order of the president
(d) A resolution of the Lok Sabha
7. Who can extend the functions of the Union Public Service Commission?
(a) Prime minister
(d) Ministry of personnel
8. Money bills can be introduced in the state legislature only on the recommendation of ….
(a) Finance minister
(c) Chief minister
9. Panchayti Raj form of local government was first implemented in the…..
(a) Madhya Pradesh and Rajasthan
(b) Rajasthan and Maharashtra
(c) Rajasthan and Andhra Pradesh
(d) Andhra Pradesh and odisha
10. Comptroller and Auditor General is appointed for the period of….
(a) 5 years
(b) 6 years
(c) No fixed tenure
(d) 3 years