During Gupta period, there was tremendous progress in religion, arts, literature, science and knowledge. Here, we are giving the 10 GK Questions and Answers on the Drama written during Gupta period that will enhance the general knowledge of the readers about the history, legacy and literature.
1. Which of the following drama (play) was based on the love story of Agnimitra and Malvika?
2. Who among the following was the writer of the Malvikagnamitram drama (play)?
3. Which among the following drama tells the story of ceremonial description of Chandragupta Maurya’s crowning?
4. Match the following
2. Vedic love story of king Pururavas and an Apsara
4. Charudatta was an imaginary character of Bhasa
a b c d
A. 1 2 3 4
B. 4 3 2 1
C. 3 4 2 1
D. 4 1 3 2
5. Consider the following statement (s) is/are related to the Malvikagnamitram drama (play).
I. Kalidasa's malavikagnimitram is based on some events of the reign of Pushyamitra Shunga.
II. It contains an account of the Rajasuya sacrifice performed by Pushyamitra Shunga and an elaborate exposition of a theory on music and acting.
A. Only I
B. Only II
C. Both I and II
D. Neither I nor II
6. Which of the following drama tells the love story of Maharaj Udyan and Vasavadatta?
7. Who was the writer of Swapanwasvadattam?
8. Which of the following drama was based on the Chandragupta Chandragupta’s marriage of Dharm-Swaminar and the execution of Shakaraj?
9. Which of the following drama has the character of hero Charudatta, heroine Vasant Sena, Raja, Brahmin, gambler, businessman, prostitute, thief, Dhurtdas?
10. Which of the following statement (s) is/are related to the Pratiyogyogandharyankam?
A. It contain the description of how Maharaj Udyan fleeing Vasavadatta from Ujjayini with the help of Yogandharayan
B. It was written by Bhas during Gupta period
C. Only A
D. Both A & B
Above 10 GK Questions and Answers on the Drama written during Gupta period will enhance the general knowledge of the readers about 'Golden Age of Indian History'.
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.