GK Questions with answers on Geography India - Drainage System Set I
India is a land of rivers. There are more than 400 big and small rivers are found, which can be divided into 23 large and 200 small river basins.
1. Which of the following rivers did not discharge its water in the Arabian Sea?
2. Which is the correct definition of drainage basin?
A. An area drained by a river and its tributaries
B. The boundary line separating one drainage basin from the other
C. A river drain is a specific area
D. None of the above
3. What is another name of Chenab?
4. From which glacier River Ganga originated?
A. Gangotri glacier
B. Bokhar Chu glacier
C. Mansrovar glacier
D. Siachin glacier
5. Which place in India Bhagirathi merges with Alaknanda River to formed River Ganga?
6. In which place Gandak joins the River Ganga?
A. At Allahabad
B. Near Kannauj
C. At Hugli near Kolkata
D. Sonpur near Patna
7. Which river is popularly known as Dakshin Ganga?
8. Which of the following rivers are the major tributaries of River Kaveri?
A. Koyna, Tungabhadra, and Bhima
B. Penganga, Indravati, Pranhita, and Manjra
C. Subansiri, Kameng, Manas, and Sankosh.
D. Kabini,Bhavani, and Amravati
9. Which of the following river originates in the Pushkar valley of the Aravalli range?
10. The River that forms Dhuandhar waterfall and a picturesque gorge of marble rocks nearby Jabalpur: