National Girl Child Day 2022: Know Theme, History and Significance, here
National Girl Child Day 2022: It is observed on 24 January to spread awareness about the inequalities faced by girls in Indian society, also to promote awareness about the rights of the girl child and the importance of female education, health, and nutrition. The day is in line with various campaigns and prgrammes of the Indian government including Beti Bachao Beti Padhao, and Save the Girl Child.
Scroll down for tweets:
Educate, Encourage, Empower!— Smriti Z Irani (@smritiirani) January 24, 2022
Today is the day to renew our commitment twd providing equal opportunities to our girls. On National Girl Child Day, as we celebrate accomplishments of our daughters, we pledge to bridge the gender divide to build an inclusive & equal society. pic.twitter.com/qpglx0fS9y
#AzadiKaAmritMahotsav #LadkiyanJahanKhushiyanwahan #BetiBachaoBetiPadhao— PIB WCD (@PIBWCD) January 24, 2022
Nation Celebrates National Girl Child Day Today
⁰Various Activities to be Organized to Promote Awareness About Rights of Girl Child,Their Education, Health & Nutrition
#NariShaktiDeshKiShakti— PIB WCD (@PIBWCD) December 24, 2021
♦️New India's growth is incomplete without ensuring women's safety.
Here are some measures undertaken by the Govt of India to make the nation a safer place for #women
pic.twitter.com/JUZwS7DLHD@smritiirani @MinistryWCD @NCWIndia @MIB_India @PIB_India
On #NationalGirlChildDay, I salute the daughters of the nation for their accomplishments in various fields. Let us reiterate our commitment towards securing equal rights for every girl child, empowering them with opportunities for a peaceful, prosperous and sustainable society. pic.twitter.com/Lgpk4kTv33— Office of LG J&K (@OfficeOfLGJandK) January 24, 2022
The objective behind celebrating the National Girl Child Day is to provide support and opportunities to the girls of India. As we know in India, gender inequality is one of the major issues that is needed to be focused on and it exists in several areas including legal rights, education, medical care, marriage, etc. Female foeticide is another major issue that further affects the demographic problems in India.
“When girls are educated, their countries become stronger and more prosperous.” -Michelle Obama
“The world needs strong women. Women who will lift and build others, who will love and be loved. Women who live bravely, both tender and fierce. Women of indomitable will.” -Amy Tenny
No doubt, the step of the Government of India to celebrate the National Girl Child Day is an improvement mission for the young girls and also promotion of the significance of girls as a child.
National Girl Child Day 2022: History
National Girl Child Day was first initiated in 2008 by the Ministry of Women and Child Development. The main objective behind this is to highlight the inequalities faced by girls, to promote awareness including the rights of a girl child, the importance of education, health, and nutrition. Nowadays also gender discrimination is a major problem that girls or women face throughout their life.
National Girl Child Day 2022: Objectives
- To increase the consciousness of the people and offer new opportunities to the girl child in the society.
- To remove all the inequalities faced by the girl child.
- To ensure that the girl child should get all their human rights, respect, and value in the country.
- To work regarding gender discrimination, to educate people.
READ| International Women's Day
- To work against diminishing child sex ratio in India and change the mind of the people regarding girls as children.
- To increase awareness about the importance and role of the girl child.
- To provide opportunities to girls and rights for their betterment.
- To educate people about the health and nutrition of a girl.
- To provide equal rights and allow them to move in any part of the country.
“Daughters are ANGLES sent from above to fill our HEART with unending LOVE”
National Girl CHild Day 2022: Rights of a Girl Child in India
Various schemes are mentioned by the Government of India to make the living status of the girl child better. Some of the schemes are as follows:
- The determination of sex in clinics during pregnancy has been blocked by the government.
- Child marriages of the girls are restricted now.
- To save a girl child a scheme namely "Save the Girl Child" has been introduced by the government.
- Free and compulsory education for both boys and girls till 14 years of age has improved the education of girl child.
- To fight malnutrition, high illiteracy, poverty, and infant mortality in society, antenatal care has been made necessary for all pregnant women.
- Many Laws are made by the Government like Anti-Sati, Anti-MTP to make women get employment and status to the Women.
- To give equal rights and opportunities to the girls' several rules are made by the government for their betterment of the future.
- Five Year Plans have been made by the government to look after the Education Status of the Backward States in India.
- The 'Operation Blackboard' has been created by the government for the Girls by which every teacher gets the Higher Education for making students better in education.
- Even several Balwadi creches have been opened by the government for caring for babies and also making them visit primary schools.
- The government has introduced SHG or Self Help Groups to make the livelihood better for rural girls.
- The Open Learning System has been established for easiness to the girls of backward classes.
“Don’t be cold, Girls are worth more than Gold”
National Girl Child Day 2022: How is National Girl Child Day celebrated?
Various events are organised all across the country to celebrate girl child day to promote education, position, equal status, etc. in society. Also, the Government of India organises several campaigns to increase the consciousness among the people regarding girl children in Indian society. Through this campaign, the Government of India highlights the inequalities and problems related to the girl child. Several advertisements are run by the government on TV channels, local newspapers, and radio stations by giving the message "Save the Girl Child". Even NGO or non-government organisations take part in the celebration and spread awareness among society to treat girl children equally and educate them, etc.
On 24 January 2020, Madhya Pradesh celebrated the National Girl Child Day on the theme "Aware girl child-able Madhya Pradesh" under the scheme Beti Bachao-Beti Padhao. On this day, the state government also examined the health of girls and generated awareness about the rights of girls and daughters. From 24 to 30 January, the Women and Child Development Department will also observe the National Girl Child Week.
In 2019 the theme of National Girl Child Day was "Empowering Girls for a Brighter Tomorrow".
Therefore, every child in the country may be a boy or girl is important and are the future of the country. Girls should be treated equally and should get all the opportunities in our society for the welfare of the Nation as a whole.
“Don’t kill Girl in Womb when she might bring Country to Gloom”
“Don’t let their lives End before it even Begins”
|National Youth Day 2022: Theme, History, Celebrations, and Significance||Important Days and Dates in January 2022|