Rajasthan with its varied agro-climatic environment, supports increasing of plenty of horticulture crops such as vegetables, fruits, tuber and root crops, spices, flowers and medicinal plants.
The might of Rajasthan regarding Horticulture crops are:
- 1st in the production of Mehandi
- 1st in the production of Coriander in India(2008-09)
- 1st in the production of Isabgol
- 2nd with regard to Total Spices fabrication after Andhra Pradesh (2008-09)
- Citrus fruits: 3rd in Orange production and the best quality Kinnow
- The Development of Horticultural Programs has been extended from 21 districts to envelop 33 districts with the assistance of Agriculture Extension staff.
- Back-up is being approved to make appropriate utilization of partial resource water considering its shortage by mechanism of sprinkler sets and drip system.
- Revelations are dispersed to the cultivators by lottery method bearing in mind the lucidity
- Creation of mushroom spawns to mushroom lab Reni Bagh Kota, Jaipur and Durgapura
- Accessibility of mushroom spawns to mushroom farmers at Rs.50 perKg
- Cultivators are mounting chiefly Agaricus and Plaurotus in the state
Objective of Rajasthan Commissionerate of Horticulture
- To augment the region, fabrication and efficiency of vegetable, fruits, Medicinal, floriculture and spices crops.
- Prologue of high acquiescent and true to type assortment of vegetable, fruits and spices in the course of plan of revelation in the chosen areas.
- Escalating the fabrication of premium embedded plants of Guava, Mango, Ber, Aonla etc. in delivering to the farmers
- Guidance of farmers and annex workers to modern expertise
- To admire the utilization of drip method the foremost water saving mechanism, in the area of horticulture chiefly in fruit harvest
- Prologue of floriculture
- Overture of therapeutic and pungent plants in the appropriate pockets
- To give confidence to more and more farmers to take up agriculture of vegetables, fruits, floriculture and spices so that supplementary income is engendered