Open Text Based Assessment (OTBA), a new learning process emphasizes on teaching the theoretical concepts practically that will help in better understanding of the concepts and topics.
The OTBA question paper consists of the questions that are aimed at testing the Higher Order Thinking Skills of students, encouraging them to adopt an unconventional approach to solve the problems. The questions pertain to the material that has already been provided to students, months before the examination. In the exam too, they are provided with the text that may have content in the form of an article, a case study, a diagram, a concept, a picture, and a situation based on the concepts being taught during second term which help to form the solutions for the given questions.
However, studying for Open Book Test is not as easy as it seems. Students need to adopt the tricky approach to solve the questions asked in the exam. So they are advised not to underestimate the OTBA preparations and take some extra care while preparing for this exam.
Some of the tips that will help you to excel at the OTBA, are mentioned below:
- Collect all the study material and go through it so that no topic is left untouched.
- Prepare the brief notes on ideas and concepts being tested.
- Focus on understanding the concepts given in the text so that you are able to structure the appropriate answers to the asked questions.
- Before coming to any conclusion, read the question thoroughly to understand the kind of twists in the questions that will help you to think out of the box and find an unconventional solution for that problem.
- Develop in yourself a divergent thinking skill that will help you to look at a given situation from various angles so that you may have a comprehensive idea of the problem and you find out a unique way to solve the problem before you.
- Practice through mock tests so that you get familiarized with the exam format and the type of questions being asked in the exam.