Assam Public Service Commission invited applications from the eligible Indian Nationals fulfilling the requisite criteria for filling up the following posts mentioned below. The candidates eligible for the post may apply on or before 29 April 2014.
- Last Date of Submission of Application29 April 2014.
Details of Posts
Asstt. Publicity Officer Under Finance Deptt.: 01 (One).
Research Asstt. Under Finance (Budget) Deptt.: 04 (Four).
Spl. Officer (Ahom Studies): 01 (One). [01 – UR].
Durwan: 07 (Seven). [04 – UR & 03 – OBC].
- For Post 1 :
(i) A candidates must be graduate in Science/ Arts/ Commerce from any recognized University.
(ii) A Degree/ Diploma in Journalism or in Mass communication or atleast 3(three)years experience in Journalism in a responsible capacity/ Public relations /organization/ Govt. public Relation Deptt.
(iii) A Good Command over English.
(iv) Knowledge of Assamese or any regional language of the State.
- For Post 2
(i) A Candidate must be Graduate in Science/Arts/Commerce from a recognized university.
(ii) Preference will be given to the candidates having Economics/Statistics/Mathematics.
Computer Knowledge having Diploma in M.S.Office.
- For Post 3
(i) Post Graduate Degree in History of a recognized University.
(ii) A certificate/Diploma in Ahom-Tai from a recognized university.
(iii) Published works in History. Proficiency in reading and deciphering of Ahom-Tai Manuscripts is desirable.
Age Limit & Relaxation
- Age limit for the candidate will be between 21 to 38 Years for post 1 & 2 and 21 to 38 Years for post 3 as on 01 January 2014.
- Age relaxation up to 03 years for OBC Candidates and 05 Years in case of SC/ ST Candidates.
Pay Scale/ Emoluments
Pay Band PB – 3 and the Pay Scale of Rs. 8,000/- to Rs. 35,000/- plus Grade Pay of Rs. 4,300/- Per Month for post 1 & 2 and Grade Pay of Rs. 5,100/- Per Month for post 3 plus other allowances.
Treasury Challan for Rs. 5.00 (Rs. 2.50 for SC and ST) as application fee name of post and Department and also full Head of Account ‘Non Tax Revenue- Other Non Tax Revenue- 0051- PSC, 102- State Public Service Commission Application/ Examination Fee Receipt of A.P.S.C.
How to Apply
- Application forms are obtainable from the Issue & Receipt Section of the Assam Public Service Commission, Jawahar Nagar, Khanapara, Guwahati-22 on written requisition addressed to the Deputy Secretary, Assam Public Service Commission stating clearly the name of the post and Department, upto 4.00 PM during office hours except holidays OR by downloading the same from the APSC website www.apsc.nic.in
- Commission may short- list the number of candidates either on the basis of their marks obtained in the qualifying academic examination required for the post in terms of advertisement. OR
- By holding Screening test (Multiple choice objective type written examination) which will be notified in due course.