University of Calcutta was established in 1857 and is recognised as a Five Star University and a Centre with Potential for Excellence by the University Grants Commission and the National Assessment and Accreditation Council. It invites application from eligible candidates to the PhD. Programme in Education.
Name of Programme and Number of Seats
• Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) Programme in Education: 20 seats
• Deadline for Submission of Application Form: 19 March 2013
• Date of announcing eligible candidates for Written Test: 11 April 2013
• Date for issuing Admit Cards: 11 April- 12 April 2013 (from 12 noon to 2.30 pm)
• Date of Written Test: 17 April 2013 at 1 pm
• Date for declaration of successful candidates in the Written Test: 30 April 2013 at 3 pm
• Date of Interview (Exempted Category): 13 May 2013
• Date of Interview (Test Category): 14 May 2013
• Date of declaration of the selected candidates (Final list): 31 May 2013
Educational Qualification: Postgraduate degree in Education from a UGC recognized university
Note: Candidates who have already cleared MPhil/ NET/ SET or equivalent are exempted from appearing for the written examination and can directly apply to appear for the interview.
The candidates will be selected on the basis of Written Test and interview by the university. The written test will be of 100 marks for which candidates need to score 50% to qualify and interview will be conducted for candidates who are successful in Written Test.
Application Fee and Mode of Payment
General and OBC candidates will have to pay Rs 100 in cash as the application fee while the fee for applicants belonging to SC/ST/ PWD category is Rs 25. The application fee should only be submitted in the form of Calcutta University (CU) Cash Challan that can be obtained and submitted at the cash counter at Hazra Campus.
How to Apply
Candidates are required to submit duly filled in application form along with CU Cash challan, against the payment, at the office of the Department of Education Alipur Campus, 1, Reformatory Street, Kolkata-27 between 12.30 pm to 3 pm on all working days before the last date.
Admit Card for the written test will be issued to the eligible candidates at the time of submission of form.
To obtain further details, please visit