CBSE Class 12 Biology Sample Paper 2020 is available here for download in PDF format along with latest CBSE Class 12 Biology Marking Scheme 2020 (of the same sample paper). This CBSE Class 12 Biology Sample Paper 2020 is published by the Central Board of Secondary Education itself and is based on the latest examination pattern. This paper is extremely important for the upcoming CBSE Class 12 Biology Board Exam 2020.
CBSE Class12 Biology Sample Papers 2020
Sample Question Paper
Class XII (2019-20)
Time allowed: 3 hrs & Maximum Marks: 70
1. There are a total of 27 questions and five sections in the question paper. All questions are compulsory.
2. Section A contains question numbers 1 to 5, multiple choice questions of one mark each.
3. Section B contains question numbers 6 to 12, short answer type I questions of two marks each.
4. Section C contains question numbers 13 to 21, short answer type II questions of three marks each.
5. Section D contains question number 22 to 24, case-based short answer type questions of three marks each.
6. Section E contains question numbers 25 to 27, long answer type questions of five marks each.
7. There is no overall choice in the question paper. However, internal choices are provided in two questions of one mark, one question of two marks, two questions of three marks and all three questions of five marks. An examinee is to attempt any one of the questions out of the two given in the question paper with the same question number.
SECTION – A
Question 1. Androgens are synthesized by:
(a) Sertoli Cells
(b) Leydig cells
(c) Seminal vesicles
(d) Bulbourethral gland
A procedure that finds use in testing for genetic disorders, but is also misused for female foeticide is:
(a) Lactational amenorrhea
(c) Artificial insemination
Recommended Books for CBSE Class 12 Biology Board Exam 2020 Preparation:
Question 2: Which type of immune response is responsible for the rejection of tissues/organs in the patient’s body post transplantation?
(a) auto-immune response
(b) humoral immune response
(c) physiological immune response
(d) cell-mediated immune response
Rheumatoid arthritis is caused when . . .
(i) Lymphocytes become more active
(ii) Body attacks self cells
(iii) More antibodies are produced in the body
(iv) The ability to differentiate pathogens or foreign molecules from self-cells is lost
Choose the correct answer from the options given below:
(a) i and ii
(b) iii and iv
(c) i and iii
(d) ii and iv
Recommended Books for CBSE Class 12 Biology Board Exam 2020 Preparations:
Question3. Name the enzymes 'P' and 'Q' that are involved in the processes given below
(a) Enzyme P-Exonuclease and Enzyme Q-Permease
(b) Enzyme P-Exonuclease and Enzyme Q- Ligase
(c) Enzyme P-Endonuclease and Enzyme Q- Permease
(d) Enzyme P-Restriction endonuclease and Enzyme Q-Ligase
Question 4. A biotechnologist wanted to create a colony of E.coli possessing the plasmid pBR322, sensitive to Tetracycline. Which one of the following restriction sites would he use to ligate a foreign DNA?
(a) Sal I
(b) Pvu I
(d) Hind III
Question 5. The most important cause of biodiversity loss is:
(a) Over exploitation of economic species
(b) Habitat loss and fragmentation
(c) Invasive species
(d) Breakdown of plant-pollinator relationships
For all the questions and answers, download CBSE Class 12 Biology Sample Paper 2020 (and its marking scheme) from the links given below