The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has revised the eligibility criteria for the CTET 2019 Exam which is scheduled to be conducted on 7 July 2019. After the intervention of High Court, CBSE has revised the eligibility conditions for the CTET 2019 Exam. The CBSE has issued all the related notification for the CTET 2019 Exam. It includes CTET 2019 Application Form Submission Dates, CTET 2019 Fees Submission dates, CTET Online Form correction dates and the CTET July 2019 Information Bulletin.
The new eligibility conditions were mentioned in the Press released given by CBSE on 12 March 2019. The new eligibility conditions are given for Paper I (Class I- V). The Eligibility Criteria for the CTET II paper is not revised. The Eligibility Conditions for the CTET 2019 Paper II ( Class VI to VIII) is same as notified by the CBSE in the CTET 2019 Notification and given in the CTET July 2019 information bulletin.
Revised CTET 2019 Eligibility Conditions
New CTET 2019 Eligibility Conditions are released for those candidates who moved the High Court for the at Par treatment with the candidates who have acquired the B.Ed degree from recognised institutions.Following are the details:
Minimum Qualifications for becoming Teacher for Classes I-V: Primary Stage
1. Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 50% marks and passed or appearing in final year of 2- year Diploma in Elementary Education (by whatever name known)
2. Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 45% marks and passed or appearing in final year of 2- year Diploma in Elementary Education (by whatever name known), in accordance with the NCTE (Recognition Norms and Procedure), Regulations, 2002.
3. Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 50% marks and passed or appearing in final year of 4- year Bachelor of Elementary Education (B.EI.Ed).
4. Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 50% marks and passed or appearing in final year of 2- year Diploma in Education (Special Education)*.
5. Graduation with at least 50% marks and Bachelor of Education (B.Ed)” “(a) who has acquired the qualification or Bachelor of Education from any NCTE recognized institution shall be considered for appointment as a teacher in classes I to V provided the person so appointed as a teacher shall mandatorily undergo a six month Bridge Course in Elementary Education recognized by the NCTE, within two year of such appointment as primary teacher”.
The application from all such candidates who have passed their graduation with B. Ed. prior to NCTE Principal notification dated 23/08/2010 regarding determination of minimum qualification of teachers to be appointed in school shall also be entertained by CBSE subject to final decision of Hon’ble Court(s).
The new guideline are announced after the High Court intervention. The CBSE has given only one day window for the candidates who are eligible according to the revised eligibility conditions. It may be the case that the last date for the Online application form extend further.
Some Points to Remember
- The centre of the exam will not be changed in any case. The centre will remain same as indicated in the Admit Card.
- The candidate should carry the Admit Card downloaded from the website and carry the same to the venue of the exam.
- The candidate should also carry a valid photo Id proof along with the Admit Card.
- The valid photo Id proofs are: PAN Card, Aadhar Card, Passport, Ration Card, Voter Id Card, Driving Licence etc. The candidate needs to carry any one of these documents.
- The candidate should reach the venue well before the commencement of the exam to avoid any last minute rush.
- The candidates will not be allowed to enter the exam hall after the commencement of the exam as indicated in the Admit Card.
- Ths candidates should remember that the CTET exam is just a qualifying exam and passing it will not confer the candidates any right over the employment.