Cochin Shipyard Limited Notified Recruitment for Fireman & Project Assistant (Safety) 2014
Cochin Shipyard Limited invited applications for recruitment to the post of Fireman and Project Assistant (Safety) on Contract Basis.
Cochin Shipyard Limited invited applications for recruitment to the post of Fireman and Project Assistant (Safety) on Contract Basis. The candidates eligible for the post can apply through prescribed format before 15 March 2014. Cochin Shipyard was incorporated in 1972 as a Government of India company, with the first phase of facilities coming online in 1982. CSL is the largest ship building and maintenance facility in India. It is part of a line of maritime related facilities in the port-city of Kochi, in the state of Kerala, India.
Last date for receipt of application forms: 15 March 2014
Details of Post
Name of the Post:
- Fireman: 10 posts
- Project Assistant (Safety): 10 posts
Total Number of Vacancies: 20
- Candidate’s age should not exceed 35 years as on 31 January 2014.
- Age Relaxation in upper age limit for candidates belonging to SC/ST is 5 years, 3 years for post reserved for OBC and 10 years for Ex-servicemen.
- Fireman: SSLC and Minimum Four to Six months training in Fire Fighting from a State Fire Force or Public Sector Undertaking or a Government recognised course from a reputed institute OR Certificate in Nuclear Biological Chemical Defence and Damage Control (NBCD), including fire fighting on-board ships from Armed Forces/Recognised Institutions with Knowledge in Malayalam is desirable.
- Project Assistant (Safety): Diploma in any branch of Engineering from a State Board of Technical Education or equivalent qualifications in case of Ex-servicemen and One year Diploma in Industrial Safety from Government / Recognised Institutions OR Certificate in Nuclear Biological Chemical Defence and Damage Control (NBCD) from Armed Forces/Recognised Institutions.
- Fireman: Rs.14000/- per month + compensation for extra hours of work limited to Rs.4200/- per month.
- Project Assistant (Safety): Rs.15600/- per month + compensation for extra hours of work limited to Rs.4700/- per month.
Candidates will be selected on the basis of Practical Test/Endurance test and Personal Interview to be held at Cochin Shipyard Limited, Kochi (Practical/Endurance Test-80 marks, Interview-20 marks).
How to Apply
- Eligible candidates may apply through prescribed application format.
- Application Form, duly complete in all respect, along with recent passport size photograph, supported by self attested copies of certificates to prove age, qualifications (with mark lists), experience, caste etc. should be sent to the General Manager (HR), Cochin Shipyard Limited, Perumanoor P O, Kochi-682015 before 15 March 2014.
- The envelope containing the application should be superscribed on top as “Application for the post of …………………………………. (On Contract Basis)”.