One is advised to choose a career very wisely. In today’s technological age, there are more than hundred professions to choose from and out of which, teaching is the most aged and holds the number one position. Teaching is not just to make others exceptional through teaching but before that it takes massive efforts to make perfectionist in it. It has been regarded as an art where you learn first and then make others master in that thing.
Teaching must be pursued as a profession as per the interest and enthusiasm. Some become subjective teacher like a math teacher while others become Art & Craft Teacher which is considered non-subjective.
Study in Crafts and Art like fine art and performing art have consistently been very prominent right from the medieval period and today, these have taken a dominant nip. Students are enrolling in huge numbers for Fine Art Courses every year at the elementary level. What is required to enlighten them in such things is a very sound professional. The demand of such teachers who can handle artistic side of students at their developmental age is proliferating immensely. If one is heading towards being a professional teacher of such courses then, minimum educational requirement in the form of degree/diploma/certification along with some experience/ practice and practical skills is a must.
What Art & Craft Courses Do for a Student?
The courses like theatre, handicrafts, painting, photography, art, film, printing, paper art, etc. are some of the enthralling courses that have seen a monumental raise in student’s zeal to learn such things. These come in the category of “very fascinating courses” which brings a perfect side of a learner.
Art & Craft Courses do wonderful things like:
• Brings out the most innovative side of a person.
• Various new things are learnt by doing things that were not explored before.
• Learning about various concepts, techniques and technical terms.
• A deep study of diverse colors, patterns and textures is done practically.
• Development of an overall personality.
• Apart from the professional point of view, it does keep one strong from psychological and mental side as well.
• Happy thoughts are the other side effects of pursuing such courses.
• These ensure positive attitude and abolishes communication barriers among beginners.
There are countless institutes that make teachers for such courses and to bring the best out of every novice.
How to Become Art & Craft Teacher in School?
If you have decided to walk the path of an art teacher, then certain things must be noted down to know how to become one with a class:-
• Teachers must possess any of the three basic requirements:
1. A regular graduate degree in arts for the duration of 1 or 2 years from a reputed private/government college which is approved from the UGC.
2. A diploma course for the duration of 1/2 year in arts from any reputed college or training centre/institute.
3. Art Appreciation certification programme from a government college for the duration of 6 months.
One has to pass in the theory and practical classes/ assignments with minimum marks/percentage so as to qualify in the course.
• The courses set the foundation in this specialized area, clarifying all the techniques along with every abstraction. During such course, they also learn about various other things like learner’s behavior, classroom management, various teaching equipment and use of technology and methods.
• One can always amplify knowledge with short term internship or volunteering activities. Such things always strengthen skills and make one more confident.
• One can learn about various job employment opportunities from sources like newspapers, magazines, Radio, internet, job portals, websites, web pages and school’s employment boards.
A profession like this needs a lot of courage, patience and hard-work.
Who makes good Art and Craft Teacher?
Art and craft is one of the most prominent ways to learn stuff which makes an imperative part in our life. Such things make sure that whatever it is; it is being expressed through work. The notion of expressions like joy, surprised, anger, love, loss etc. is clearly communicated to the outside audience. If you think that you can switch students into such business where their work and passion is doing all the talking then, this career is excellent for you.
To add on this, a Great Teacher is:
• A person who is passionate about this profession and towards teaching.
• Be able to inspire learners bringing out the best out of them.
• Being very helpful and resourceful.
• Being flexible and keeping patience with students.
• Highly motivated by working with such a young crowd.
• Learning new things on daily basis.
• Skilled in techniques, and thoroughly with the course and material.
Teaching at various different levels
Teaching can be done at various different levels. You can start from the very basic level to the main extreme ones. The school level is the starting one and the most required one. The advancement o course levels up according to the class. A teacher is the main character who simplifies things, teaches them in the most easy and planned way and then, helps his/her students to score with flying colors.
Does government provide any course for Art & Craft Teaching?
Yes, government does provide such courses in varied fine arts course.
One can give a thorough search offline and online (internet) to know about it, visit institute/college/training centre to seek more information like fees, duration, timings, batch/classes, exam procedure etc. about the course that has been finalized. One can even talk to the students that are already studying at such centers to have a real time review/feedback from them. Always enroll on time and get started right from the beginning.
One must take part enthusiastically in all sorts of activities and assignments allotted during the course as it makes you more eligible, open, flexible, manageable, and confident. One must follow her creativity in each and everything which drives a force in your students as well.
Upcoming Govt Jobs: RSMSSB to Issue Recruitment Notification for 2739 Patwari Post
Know How to Become an Anganwadi Worker: Eligibility Criteria, Selection Process & More
Paralegal Volunteer: Job Profile, Eligibility Criteria, Selection Process and Job Prospects
Jobs for 10th pass Candidates in Indian Railways: Check Eligibility, Experience, Selection Process