In SSC Exam, There are almost 5 questions are asked out of ‘Sentence Completion’ Series. So, it is very important to focus not only for Tier-I exam but also for Tier-II & III. In sentence completion test, you are given one or more than one sentence in which several blanks are projected and you are asked to fill the appropriate words in those.
→ To be able to buy this luxury car will ______ getting a better paying job.
‘Necessitate’ means ‘to make necessary’
This test intends to check your projective skills and responses are supposed to provide indications of attitudes, beliefs, motivations or mental states. The main objective behind inclusion of this test, is to check following traits in a candidate.
- Personality Analysis
- Attitude assessment
- Intelligence test
- Language & cognitive development test
So, In this article below, you are provided a series of 50 questions prepared by the dedicated team of www.jagranjosh.com .
Directions: Sentence Completion demands precise understanding of the words and their usage. It is possible only and only if one is well-versed with copious vocabulary, its understanding and usage as various forms of speech.
1. There are attempts being made to try to ________ languages through specific ________, but the result is that some tongues become conserved as if they were a museum piece.
a. save, ways
b. conserve, factors
c. preserve, measures
d. protect, tricks
2. Fiction approximates to science, first in accepting the obligation of being _______ to life as it is, and secondly, in asserting the right to ________.
a. faithful, explain
b. true, theorize
c. close, describe
d. realistic, portray
e. committed, narrate
3. Wars usually result from ________ among the parties involved and a failure to ________ them peacefully.
a. doubts, dispel
b. hostilities, debate
c. frustrations, understand
d. disagreements, resolve
4. Restlessness among the students of colleges and universities has ________ from their deep rooted feeling that their views and aspirations are ________ by their elders.
a. arisen, humiliated
b. followed, disregarded
c. stemmed, ignored
d. started, neglected
e. percolated, pooh-poohed
5. Unfortunately, trade unions and organizations of various denominations have failed to realize that ________ understanding, positive attitude and constructive approach are basic requirements to mark unions work on _________ lines.
a. common, true
b. cooperative, better
c. mutual, sound
d. general, desired
All the best!!!
SSC CGL Tier-I Exam Previous Year Papers with Solutions
SSC CGL solved question paper Tier-I exam held on 3 September 2016: Quantitative Aptitude
SSC CGL 2018 General Awareness (GA) and General Knowledge (GK): Detailed Topic-wise Syllabus
SSC CGL solved question paper Tier-I exam held on 3 September 2016: English language & Comprehension