General Awareness for MBA : 23 June to 29 June
Jun 29, 2015 14:58 IST
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) on 25 June 2015 extended the date to exchange pre-2005 bank notes till 31 December 2015. The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) on 25 June 2015 extended the date to exchange pre-2005 bank notes till 31 December 2015.
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) on 25 June 2015 released the Financial Stability Report (FSR) June 2015. It is the eleventh issue of its half yearly publication.
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) decided to allow Authorised Dealer Category I (AD Category-I) Banks to borrow foreign currency from International/Multinational Financial Institutions (IFIs/MFIs).
- Patrick Macnee, star of the legendary Avengers TV series, died on 25 June 2015 at his home in Rancho Mirage in California. He was 93. Macnee was known for playing the role of secret agent John Steed in the 1960s television series The Avengers.
- President Pranab Mukharjee on 26 June 2015 conferred Punyabhushan Award on Prataprao Pawar, Chairman of Sakal Media Group (SMG) at Balgandharva Auditorium in Pune
- The four-day long Ambubachi Mela at Kamakhaya Devi temple at Guwahati, Assam concluded on 26 June 2015. With this, the door of the Shakti shrine at Nilachal hillock was re-opened for devotees.
- Anshula Kant was on 25 June 2015 appointed as the Deputy Managing Director and Chief Financial Officer (CFO) of State Bank of India (SBI). She succeeded P K Gupta, who was promoted as Chief Executive Officer of SBI Capital.
- The spiritual leader Sri Sri Ravi Shankar was conferred with the Columbia’s highest civilian award Orden de la Democracia Simon Bolivar en el grado de cruz Caballero (Order of the Democracy Simon Bolivar) by Columbia.
- Benni Joseph Mavelil, a UK-based philanthropist, was on 21 June 2015 selected for the VK Krishna Menon Award in recognition of his outstanding professional and altruistic achievements, contributions and services to the community and wider multicultural society.
- Bahrain-based GFH Financial Group on 28 June 2015 signed an agreement with Indian conglomerate Adani Group for developing aMumbai Economic Development Zone (MEDZ).
- Private insurer Bajaj Allianz on 28 June 2015 launched a weather-based crop insurance scheme for orange crops in Nagpur, Hingoli and Washim districts of Maharashtra. This index-based insurance policy will cover losses incurred by orange fruit-growing farmers due to deviation in weather conditions.
- Ujjwal Batria was on 25 June 2015 appointed as the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of French cement maker Lafarge's India operations.
- The Carlyle Group, an American global alternative asset manager, on 22 June 2015 announced that it is committing an equity line up to 500 million US dollars in Magna Energy Ltd.
- Japan headquartered telecommunications and Internet major SoftBank Corp, Bharti Enterprises Limited and Taiwan-based Foxconn Technology Group on 22 June 2015 formed a Joint Venture (JV) named SBG Cleantech Limited. This JV is aimed at promoting the adoption of clean and safe energy in India.
- GMR Airport Developers Limited (GADL) on 17 June 2015 signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Oman Airport Management Company (OAMC) for providing aviation training and consultancy services.
- Two-day long annual Hemis festival dedicated to the Guru Padmasambhava began on 26 June 2015 in largest monastery of Ladakh Hemis Gompa (monastery) of Jammu and Kashmir.
- Sahitya Akademi on 24 June 2015 announced Bhasha Samman. Four scholars were selected for the award for their contribution to classical and medieval literature in various languages.
- Veteran journalist, columnist and peace activist Praful Bidwai was on 23 June 2015 passed away in Amsterdam, Netherlands. He was 65.
- More than 90 people died and 120 are critical after consuming spurious liquor at the Laxmi Nagar slum in Malad’s Malwani area of Mumbai in the incident occurred that occurred on 17 June 2015.
- Renowned carnatic vocalist Sanjay Subrahmanyam was on 21 June 2015 selected for the Sangitha Kalanidhi award of the Madras Music Academy.
- The International Day Against Drug Abuse and Illicit Trafficking was on 26 June 2015 observed globally with the theme Let’s Develop our Lives, our Communities, our identities without Drugs.
- Sri Lankan President, Maithripala Sirisena dissolved the Parliament on 26 June 2015. Sirisena signed a gazette notification dissolving parliament in an effort to consolidate power and push through political reforms.
- The United States (US) Supreme Court on 26 June 2015 legalized same-sex marriage across the nation in a closely divided ruling by a 5 to 4 vote. The 28-page ruling was made by Justice Anthony Kennedy and was agreed by Justices Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Stephen G. Breyer, Sonia Sotomayor and Elena Kagan.
- India and the United States (US) on 25 June 2015 signed a series of agreements on health sector to enhance cooperation in areas such as cancer research, infrastructure development, training, capacity building and better assessment and application of new diagnostic technologies.
- India’s tennis player Leander Paes on 24 June 2015 became the 47th player to play with 100 different partners on ATP Circuit.
- Veselin Topalov on 25 June 2015 won the Norway Chess tournament 2015 by leaving behind Viswanathan Anand into a quick draw. Topalov secured 6½ points while Anand ended the tournament in second place with 6 points.
- Indian pair of Jwala Gutta and Ashwni Ponappa on 28 June 2015 won the women's doubles of Canada Open Badminton tournament 2015. In the final played at Calgary, the third seeded Indian pair defeated top Dutch pair of Eefje Muskens and Selena Piek in straight games of 21-19, 21-16.
- Lee Chong Wei of Malaysia and Michelle Li of Canada on 28 June 2015 won the men's and women’s singles title of the Canada Open Badminton tournament respectively.