RBI conducted the online mains examination for the assistant on 20th December successfully. Here are the general awareness questions asked in the examination.
1) Loktak Lake, the largest freshwater (sweet) lake in North-East India, also called the only Floating lake in the world is located in which of the following state- Manipur
2) Which of the following banks launched a new home loan product that offers borrowers the benefit of 1 per cent cash-back for every equated monthly instalment (EMI) over the entire loan tenure? ICICI Bank
3) Mastercard recently announced the launch of its first Lab in India, which will work with partners in the fintech industry to identify and experiment with future technologies. The Labs will be set up in- Pune
4) Nedungadi Bank Ltd (NBL) has recently taken over by which of the following public sector banks? Punjab National Bank (PNB)
5) Gorakhpur city is located on which of the following river? – Rapti
6) Gudi Padwa or ‘Chaitra Shukla Pratipada’ is mainly celebrated in which state- Maharashtra
7) What is the maximum voting right for any shareholders in Payments Bank? 10 per cent
8) Note: As per Section 12 (2) of the Banking Regulation Act, 1949, any shareholder’s voting rights in private sector banks are capped at 10 per cent. This limit can be raised to 26 per cent in a phased manner by the RBI. Further, as per Section 12B of the Act ibid, any acquisition of 5 per cent or more of paid-up share capital in a private sector bank will require prior approval of RBI.
9) What is the capital city of Jordan? Amman
10) Expand LAB- Local Area Bank
11) What is ‘Sowa-Rigpa’? Tibetan system of medicine
Note: “Sowa-Rigpa” commonly known as Tibetan system of medicine is one of the oldest, Living and well documented medical tradition of the world. It has been originated from Tibet and popularly practice in India, Nepal, Bhutan, Mongolia and Russia. The majority of theory and practice of Sowa-Rigpa is similar to “Ayurveda”
12) Pushpagiri Wildlife Sanctuary is one of the most important bird santuries of the world. The sanctuary is located in the- Kogadu (Coorg) district in Somwarpet taluk, Karnataka
13) Who is the author of the book titled ‘Hema Malini: Beyond the Dream Girl’? Ram Kamal Mukherjee
14) Expand CFMS- The Centralised Funds Management System
Note: It is a system set up, operated and maintained by the Reserve Bank of India to enable operations on current accounts maintained at various offices of the Bank, through standard message formats in a secure manner.The CFMS comprises two components – the Centralised Funds Enquiry System (CFES) and Centralised Funds Transfer System (CFTS).
15) The Dudhwa National Park is located in which of the following state? - Uttar Pradesh (UP)
16) Girija Devi, Queen of Thumri has died recently. She was related to which field? Singing
17) Under which act ‘Mortgage’ comes or have been mention? The Transfer of Property Act, 1882
18) Prime Minister Narendra Modi recently inaugurated the first phase of the 615 crore ‘roll-on-roll-off’ (Ro-Ro) ferry service between--- Ghogha in Saurashtra and Dahej in south Gujarat
19) Lalit Kumar Upadhyay is associated with which of the following sports- Hcokey
20) Who is the present Chief Minister of Meghalaya?- Shri Ganga Prasad
21) The Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) is a Central Armed Police Force in India headquartered at- New Delhi
22) What is ‘mutilated note’?' ‘Mutilated note'; means a note of which a portion is missing or which is composed of more than two pieces.
23) Is there any limit on the amount of compensation as specified in an award under Banking Ombudsman Scheme? 20 lakhs
24) Which of the following state-owned lender recently partnered with consulting firm Boston Consulting Group (BCG) to turn around its business under an initiative called Project Nishchay?- IDBI Bank
25) Jainsem is the traditional costume for women and is usually made of mulberry silk, a local specialty. Over the jainsem, they wear cotton shawls called tap-moh khlieh. The dress belongs to which state? - Meghalaya
26) Who among the following has won Macao Open trophy ? Indian golfer Gaganjeet Bhullar
27) World Science Day for Peace and Development to highlights the significant role of science in society and the need to engage the wider public in debates on emerging scientific issues celebrated every year on- 10 November
28) Percentage of Indian households covered by a bank account- 99%
29) Who among the following is the Minister of Finance? Arun Jaitely
30) Expand BCSBI - Banking Codes and Standards Board of India
Note: BCSBI is an independent and autonomous institution to monitor and ensure that the Banking Codes and Standards adopted by the banks are adhered to in true spirit while delivering their services.
31) The nation's largest lender State Bank of India is creating a 15,000-sqft innovation centre to be built at its Global IT Centre in – Belapur, Navi Mumbai.
Note: The centre will be the largest innovation centre by any financial services company in the country.
32) Nobel prize in physiology or medicine 2017 has given to- Jeffrey C Hall, Michael Rosbash and Michael W Young
33) What is Takeout financing? Takeout financing is a route of refinance wherein new lenders take over project loans of existing lenders and thereby stretch the loan’s repayment over a longer period. Through this route, existing lenders get relief on their capital to pursue new lending opportunities and infrastructure projects get the benefit of a longer repayment period.
34) According to the Reserve Bank of India (RBI), how much Percent of Bank Branches to be AADHAR enabled –NA
35) What is Bancassurance? Bancassurance is an arrangement in which a bank and an insurance company form a partnership so that the insurance company can sell its products to the bank's client base. This partnership arrangement can be profitable for both companies. Banks can earn additional revenue by selling the insurance products, while insurance companies are able to expand their customer bases without having to expand their sales forces or pay commissions to insurance agents or brokers.
36) Libreville is the capital of which country? Gabnon