1. Francis is the _________ Jesuit to serve as pope. In the United States, Jesuits are best known for founding colleges and universities, including Boston College, Georgetown and Marquette University.
The correct answer is a) First
2. Pope francis has only one _____. The other was removed after an infection when he was a teenager.
The correct answer is a) lung
3. In the 2005 papal election, __________ was the runner-up, receiving 40 votes on the third ballot and losing to now-Pope Emeritus Benedict XVI.
a) Pope Francis
b) Pope Pius IX
c) Pope John Paul II
d) Pope Urban VIII
The correct answer is a) Pope Francis
4. Pope Francis unsuccessfully fought Argentina’s legalization of gay marriage in __________, calling it “a scheme to destroy God’s plan.”
The correct answer is a) 2010
5. In ________, Bergoglio visited a hospice, where he kissed and washed the feet of 12 victims.
The correct answer is d) 2001