General Knowledge is an important component of any competitive examination which is strongly associated with general intelligence, and with openness to reading experience. Here, we are giving some important GK Questions and Answers of “General Science, Indian Geography, History of India, Indian Economy, Indian Polity & Governance, Environment & Ecology” in a Quiz-form that will concretise the reading experience of aspirants who are aspiring for cracking different competitive exams.
1. Which of the following process does not involve the evolution of Carbon-dioxide?
2. Which of the following causes the production of Radiocarbon in the atmosphere?
A. Due to the Collision between fast neutrons and nitrogen nuclei present in the atmosphere
B. Due to the action of ultraviolet light from the sun on atmospheric oxygen
C. Due to the action of solar radiations particularly cosmic rays on carbon dioxide present in the atmosphere
D. Due to the lightning discharge in atmosphere
3.Which of the following is the correct reason for the permanent hardness of water?
A. Carbonates of calcium and magnesium
B. Bicarbonates of calcium and magnesium
C. Chloride and sulphate of the calcium and magnesium
D. None of these
1. Which of the following latitude almost divides India into two equal parts?
B. Tropic of Cancer
C. Tropic of Capricorn
D. Arctic Circle
2. Lakshadweep islands situated in which of the following water bodies?
A. Arabian Sea
B. Bay of Bengal
C. Indian Ocean
D. Atlantic Ocean
3. In which part of Himalayas do we find the Karewa formation?
A. North-eastern Himalayas
B. Himachal-Uttaranchal Himalayas
C. Eastern Himalayas
D. Kashmir Himalayas
History of India: Ancient History| Medieval History | Modern History
1. Most depicted animal of the Indus Valley Civilization was?
2. Hamzanama paintings were produced during the reign of?
3. The Bengal Regulation Act of 1829 dealt with which of the following issues primarily
A. Abolition of sati
B. Female infanticide
C. Child marriages
D. Dowry prohibition
1. Which of the following option is incorrect regarding Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana?
A. It was launched in the year 2013.
B. It is a financial inclusion scheme.
C. It aimed at ensuring that every family has at least one bank account.
D. It provides a Rupay Debit card with one lakh rupee accidental cover.
2. The Swavalamban Scheme was launched in the year?
3. In respect of Commercial Banks which entity monitors the Kisan Credit Card (KCC) Scheme?
Indian Polity & Governance
1. The Parliament of India consists of the following:
B. Lok Sabha & Rajya Sabha
C. Both A and B
D. None of the above
2. Who decides whether a bill is a Money Bill or not:
B. Prime Minister
C. Speaker of the Lok Sabha
D. Finance Minister
3. The Federal structure of Government of India provides:
A. Two-tier system
B. Three-tier system
C. Four-tier system
D. None of the above
Environment & Ecology
1. Which of the following is/are the correct definition of evolution?
A. Cumulative development in the characteristics of species over time.
B. It is a process by which different kinds of living organism are believed to have developed from earlier forms during the history of the earth.
C. Processes that give rise to biodiversity at every level of biological organisation, including the levels of species, individual organisms, and molecules.
D. All of the above
2. What is gene pool?
A. Total genetic material contained in a population.
B. It is the stock of different genes in an interbreeding population.
C. Both A & B
D. Only A
3. What are the two major processes of evolution of species?
A. Migration and adoptation
B. Process of selection
C. Process of isolation
D. Both B & C
In the above hyperlink GK Questions and Answers of “General Science, Indian Geography, History of India, Indian Economy, Indian Polity & Governance, Environment & Ecology” will concretise the reading experience of aspirants who are aspiring for cracking different competitive exams.
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.